BE AWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS! FOR THE THOUGHTS, LOOK AT THE EPISODES PANEL ON THE RIGHT. FOR THE LATEST THOUGHT, GO TO HOME.

Episode 34

When I started to watch, Cho Ba was already crying for Hor Ma, blinded by I suppose a punch by Keung (yet again). Hospitalised, Cho Ba was very angry and felt very depressed that nothing he could do could stop Hung and her head honcho, Keung.

Pause.

Exactly when Keung became head honcho is debatable. And Keung is now into one track audio record; "You must not be a heartless man; do not even consider abandoning Hung; look at the misfortune that befallen me when I did; I am here to redeem myself for abandoning Hung and Sum; I will hurt all of your family and you if you dare; why won't you just let Hung win; I am on Hung's side and you damn well be too!".

SO when I say Keung said *** as in really *** it means the entire "***" above. Because that man simply repeats himself, so no point in me retyping the same thing over and OVER again.

Cho Ba felt hopeless. And doctor warned him if he ever cries, he will go blind - (cue dramatic music). So everybody did not want to make him cry, of all Hor Ma. But Cho Ba couldn't help it and Hor Ma said "What does it matter if she sells the shares or not? She did earn it Cho, let her sell, none of us what the shares" and the children agreed but Cho Ba said "I want to leave some for my children..."

I think at this point which I may have confused the timeline a bit, grandma went alone to stop the whole sale of the 30% shares I think from Hung to Keung and she fainted from over exertion and so was hospitalised on a different floor. At the same time Ka also fainted and hospitalised on a different floor and was diagnosed as having congenital heart disease and is pretty serious and he was in coma. Cho Ba didn't know he was still in danger and in coma and no one told him.

Pause here.

The moment Ka went into coma, I believe the story kinda went kaput. You see the only child actively against Hung is Ka and one who dares to be against Hung is Ka, many times and with Ka now down with a potential deadly ailment, it means none of the children will be active in fighting Hung. I was hoping Ka would have an active role, he would join the company, fight her, etc but alas... TVB...lazy terrible stupid writing. I have not seen a series that so dramatically changes within 5 episodes and I think this series just successfully anihilated itself from excellent to crap. And I was hoping Dr Ling would die but he didn't...how boring...

Anyway, Cho Ba was alone in his room when Hung and Keung came in. Hung asked "Cho, are you alright?" and Cho Ba snapped "Get out! What do you care?! GET OUT!!" and Keung said "***" whilst threatening to strangle Cho Ba to death and Hung said "Cho I am only concerned for you. Anyway I am here to tell you I will be transferring 50% more of the shares to Keung since 30% is not enough to rework the capital. This will be better for the company, restructuring and all" and Cho Ba cried "Hung, why must you be so persistent to deny my children their share? I have already said, if this is the case let's divorce and I will gladly give you 50% of the shares. Why do you refuse and yet do all these? Why Hung? Why?" and Keung said "***" and Hung then said "I have already warned you. If you go back to that faty Hor, I will destroy you and your children. Didn't I promise you that? So now I am doing just that. Sit back and enjoy!" and Cho Ba cried. Keung then said "***" plus "Didn't I tell you there will be consequences? Look at your son Ka, still in coma!" and Cho Ba shocked said "WHAT? No, Ka is ok, he is no longer in coma" and Keung said "Yes he is. Your sins are being paid on your children for abandoning your family that is Hung! They're suffering because of you! WAKE UP MAN! WAKE UP!!".

Keung is like some crazy minister of god I tell you. Totally insane.

Yuen is useless and Cho Ba knew Yuen will be on her side because she got his dirty linens.

Hor Ma came by to visit but Cho Ba locked himself in the room and Hor Ma asked "Cho open the door, what's wrong?" and Cho Ba cried "No go away! Don't see me! Don't let the children near me! Look at Ka, look at mother, my sins visiting upon them! It is all my fault, my sins, my retribution!!" and Hor Ma cried "Cho, don't cry! Your eyes Cho, be careful. Don't be silly Cho!" and even the children were there asking Cho Ba to open the door but Cho Ba refused. Somehow the door got opened, how I can't remember and Cho Ba ran into the corner and cried "Don't come near me! I am bad luck! I am bad luck to you all!!" and Hor Ma reached him and said "Cho just answer me one question.. just one question!" and Cho Ba nodded and Hor Ma asked... I can't remember what she asked. But Cho Ba answered negatively and Hor Ma then said "That's right Cho. Who are you to predict what the heavens are doing? Who are you to say they're punishing you? No one can predict the heavens! No one can tell the heavens what to do! Cho, you're not being punished. You abandoned me remember? You're not punished! This is all just coincidence Cho! Coincidence!" and Cho Ba suddenly woke up and realised Hor Ma was right and looked at Hor Ma and the children all sick with worry and Cho Ba straighten up and realised he wasn't their bad luck. Meanwhile Ka woke up.

Next day again Hung is selling 50% more of the shares to Keung. Grandma again was there to disrupt the entire proceedings and Hung ordered Yuen to take Grandma out and grandma looked at Yuen crying "Yuen, why are you so obedient to her? Tell grandma, what is wrong? Maybe grandma can help. Even if grandma can't grandma will try! Yuen tell grandma what this woman has over you!!" and Yuen said "Grandma you can't help me. Please leave" and then everybody else was there and I think it was Hou or someone who said "Yuen, why are you so obedient?! WHAT'S WRONG?! TELL US!!" and Hung coolly said "Yuen, last warning. Get them out! Call secu!!" and suddenly Cho Ba, in bathrobe being led by a female employee laughingly walked in and the employee said "Mrs Kam, I saw Mr Kam at the shop and so I took him here".

That employee is so fired!!

Anyway Cho Ba sneaked out of the hospital, took a taxi, went to wrong shop, walked to office and here he was.

Hung annoyed said "Cho, what do you want?" and Yuen immediately ran to him and said "Cho Ba, please don't cause trouble!" and Cho Ba said "Yuen, don't worry. Cho Ba is here". Then Cho Ba slowly said "The reason why Yuen is so obedient to Hung is because Hung has his secrets in pictures. Yuen in one occasion ran down a mother of a 2 year old child. Hung paid off the police and so now Yuen is under her control" and Yuen cried "Cho Ba, how could you tell everybody!!" and Hor Ma immediately cried "Oh Yuen! It is all my fault! All my fault!! I should not have sent you back when you ran home to me! Yuen, it is all my fault!!" and Hor Ma cried and Yuen held her and everybody looked at him and Cho Ba said "Yuen, don't you worry. I asked a lawyer. Your case isn't as serious as Hung claimed it to be. Yes you will go to jail, maybe for a few years but Yuen, being in jail is better being under the control of that vile woman forever! Yuen be a man! face up to your responsibilities!" and Hung said "How dare you accuse me? I did not do what you said I did!!" and Keung said "***" and Cho Ba immediately said "Yuen, Don't be scared. Cho Ba will go to prison with you! Cho ba will move there and be with you the entire time. And if Cho Ba has to go, Hung will too! After all YOU did fabricate evidence and paid off the police!" and Hung shocked and Keung said "***" but Cho Ba snapped him off and said "I did not abandon Hung! I did abandon my family however and my family IS Hor Ma! Hung is and forever will be the THIRD PARTY! I abandoned Hor Ma! Hung I did not because she is the third party! AND YOU, don't you threaten me again. I am blind thanks to you. I will call the police and you too will go to jail!" and the cousin tried to speak but Cho Ba loudly said "YOU TOO WILL GO TO JAIL FOR EMBEZZLING FUNDS SO YOU BETTER SHUT UP NOW!!" and he did and Ka Mei stood up and said "I believe I can say a few fair words..." and Cho Ba rightly said "And who are you to open your mouth here? I never liked you! And since you're marrying Yuen, are you so keen to see your own fiancee go to jail? No? Then sit down and shut up!!" and so she did. Cho Ba said to Yuen "Yuen, be brave, Cho Ba is here with you!" and Hor MA cried "I will go to jail with you too! Yuen Hor Ma is here too!" and even grandma and everybody else said "Be brave Yuen" and Yuen looked to them and looked a bit braver and Cho Ba said "Now I am the chairman of this company and I am here to announce the whole deal is off. All of you, except for these 3 here can leave this boardroom immediately!!" and Hung angrily left with Keung, Ka Mei and the rest except for 3 loyal workers. Before leaving Hung said "Fine, see you in court".

Grandma looked at Cho Ba and said "Well well well, don't be afraid, Cho Ba is here!!" and everybody smiled happily.

Next episode, Ka Mei did the unthinkable. I think she should die more than Dr Ling.

I think what Cho Ba did was very brave. Yuen was so dumb. And Cho Ba is right; if Yuen has to go to jail, so does all of them for various crimes. Why only Yuen right? I hated Yuen, still do. Useless. Completely useless.

Cho Ba earlier was so weak, crying and all. But he redeemed himself and Hor Ma was right; he abandoned Hor Ma and the kids but nothing happened. So why should abandoning Hung cursed him?

No comments on performance except Har Yu was very good if not for some really overly the top dramatic moments written for his character. Not necessarily bad performance but frankly, do we need to see him cry so pitifully? Is Hung that formidable? See how easy it is to shut her up. And Keung is such a comical character; over the top, same lines, same expressions, how insanely insane.

I am beginning to not love this series anymore. Just a few more episodes. A few more and it will end!

Best scene? Yes, there's one...

Yuen, don't you worry. I asked a lawyer. Your case isn't as serious as Hung claimed it to be. Yes you will go to jail, maybe for a few years but Yuen, being in jail is better being under the control of that vile woman forever! Yuen be a man! face up to your responsibilities!

- Cho Ba to Yuen

Yeah Yuen, be a man don't be a sissy! You already look like one, don't behave like one!

2 comments:

Kidd 28/9/09 2:19 PM  

The prospect of going to jail scare the hell out of Yuen until he can't think clearly liao. Maybe that's why he didn't realise Hung will also be in trouble if the thing came because of bribery and evidence fabrication.

MetalAZNWarrior 29/9/09 6:27 AM  

The series was never "excellent" to begin with. :P

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This is a watch-as-I-write episodic thought (a combination of episode summaries, reviews & critical analysis episode per episode) of TVB series, Moonlight Resonance, now showing on ASTRO Ch 311 from Mon-Fri at 9.30pm. Expect the thoughts to be episode per episode, critical analysis of the plot & performances of that particular episode, each to be posted the next afternoon & some may not contain full summaries as I may be watching other stuff during the same time. Hopefully I shall presevere and finish this one. Your comments, especially for the current episode are most welcomed. Use Post A Comment but please try not to post future episode spoilers.

Subject matter

TITLE
Moonlight Resonance

EPISODES
40

RELEASED IN
2008 by HKTVB

IT IS NOT
a sequel to Heart Of Greed even if they have essentially the same cast but with some shift of characters

FEEDBACK/COMMENT
Please comment episode per episode using Post A Comment in relevant episode page please. Please avoid revealing spoilers for future episodes unless it is a minor spoiler and explains questions about the plot

MORE INFO
- Cast list
- Wikipedia (SPOILERS!!)
- Point2e.com

REMINDER
The posts in here are my personal opinion & if you can't stand personal opinion that is critical or overly too positive, please do not proceed further than the first page of this blog.

Top Commenters

Get this widget