BE AWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS! FOR THE THOUGHTS, LOOK AT THE EPISODES PANEL ON THE RIGHT. FOR THE LATEST THOUGHT, GO TO HOME.

Episode 21


I watched only the last 15 minutes of this episode and I have a few inklings about what happened.

First of, I finally knew who those 2 nosy relatives are. Not husband and wife BUT mother and son! The mother is actually grandma's younger sister and so that son is the grandcousinuncle (I really have no idea what's the title in English) of the 6 young ones. But their allegiance is with Hung since she pays them.

Anyway the son refused to call Cho Ba and Hung who are both in Italy (put a horse ranch and it is Italy!) as HUng didn't want to be disturbed. Hung was cruel since she knew grandma was dying and as Hor Ma said the worst offence one can have to one's parent is not having a child or a descendant. We know why he refused to call; he was "eating" company money and he didn't want Hung to dig more and find out. So the mother had to shut up. We also know grandma didn't die. Last scene was Sum seeing a cake made by Hou to her with the words I Love You Yu So Chau, just right after she told Dr Ling aka Bosco that she didn't feel much for Hou anymore since they're way way way apart in lifestyle and ideals.

So when I started, grandma was ok, Cho Ba and Hung were back and apparently it was Yuet who successfully called Cho Ba. Hor Ma's last advice to a very upset Yuet was to let things be and be patient so I suppose a lot of accusations were made against her for her motive to tell Cho Ba and etc.

At the hospital grandma was outside and everybody else was in her room waiting for her. Cho Ba asked Yuet "Yuet, is it true *** (the son aka Cho Ba's cousin) refused to call us eventhough grandma was dying?" and Yuet, having followed Hor Ma's advice had to swallow her pride and said "No I made a mistake" and Cho Ba pressed "What do you mean? You said so very urgently, that they were the ones who stopped you all from contacting me!" but Yuet, now teary eyed said "No Cho Ba, it's not true" and CHo Ba said "Maybe you could be wrong about one person that is your grandcousinuncle, you can't be mistaken about your grandaunt as well?" and she said "No Cho Ba I made a mistake". Now when you won you should just shut up right? The son refused to shut up and kept making a big fuss to show to Hung and everybody and he screamed "You insolent adopted child! How dare you lie about me? What's your purpose?!" and Yuet now giving him that glare shouted "I hate you all ok? I hate Hung took away Cho Ba and that you're with her and I wanted to cause a rift with you all, OK?!" and that man went on and on and on and on accusing her and stuff, worse and worse until Hor Ma couldn't stand it and said "Is this what you want? For me to tell all here what YOU did?" and that man never realised how deep in shit he is said "WHAT? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!" and Hor Ma said "You really want me to tell them all? You want me to tell them how you knew Hung's direct number and refused to give us, that I had to beg your mother but you stopped her as she was giving me the number, that I had the first 4 digits? You want me to tell everyone here that you then dragged your mother into the car and left? And do you want me to tell everyone your motive for doing this?" and that man panicking now said "I have no motive! I didn't do such thing!" and Hor Ma said "Cho, remember when Hing was young we took her to a learning centre and there we too had to learn a bit about reading the lips?" and Cho Ba now upset nodded and Hor Ma said "I may not have heard what was said as you 2 were in the car but I can repeat what I could read from your lips! YOU (the son) told her (the mom) that you were "eating" the company funds and you are afraid to let Hung know because she will throw both of you out so you decided to help her by preventing Cho coming back to see Mrs Kam!" and of course he denied angrily and Hung said "Hor, to be fair to him, isn't that all too many coincidence? That Yuet so happened to overheard that he had my number, that you were stopped in the nick of time for getting the number, that you could read lips?" and suddenly everybody froze as a serious looking grandma was at the door, having heard everything and the son quickly cried "Auntie!! You must give me justice! They're accusing me of deliberately refusing to let Cho come back to see you one last time on your deathbed! You must tell them off on my behalf!!" and grandma weekly said "Come here" and he walked to grandma and when he was close enough grandma gave him ONE TIGHT SLAP! He was shocked, everyone was and then grandma angrily but feebly said "I have known you since you were a baby. Do you not think that I do not know your character? The fact that I am slapping you when I heard what was said is because I know you enough to know your character!" meaning grandma believed every word that was said then grandma said "But I didn't want to cause a rift in the family. I was dying but I knew, I overheard you discussing with your mother about not revealing the number to everybody! You would rather I die before my son reaches me for your own selfish reasons" and grandma then held a crying Yuet ".. and I let Yuet take the blame for every accusation. I let her take the fall as the one who lied when she didn't. I am sorry Yuet" and Cho Ba was very angry and before he could say anything another one big slap courtesy of Hung to the son and she said "If I have evidence that you have been taking money from the company, I will not let you go lightly and I will call the police to arrest you!" but everyone knew it was just for show. They all know he acted on her instruction. The mother cryingly came to Grandma and said "Please sis, don't let my son go to jail, please!" and grandma was suddenly very tired and quietly said "Hou, you all go back first. I don't think I can join you all for dinner tonight" and so they all left and Hor Ma looked at grandma and grandma looked at Hor Ma with gratitude. Hung of course saved her skin again.

You wanna bet? Tomorrow the grandcousinuncle will still be in the family, happy and all as no continuity!!

Back at home, Hor Ma forced Auntie Sa to move in with her and let Yuet get back her room as a reward for her loyalty.

Tomorrow which will be a full recap, it is all about Sum stuck between a suddenly morose looking Dr Ling and Hou and the return of Auntie Sa's daughter whose beauty captivated Ka.

Like even love must be within the family right?

Let me say first, I got the chills everytime Sum called Ling Gor Gor and he to her Mui Mui. Ewwwwww.......

Anyway I got a few questions to you all...

1. how did YUet find out how to contact Cho Ba?

2. does HUng know that grandunclecousin was taking money from the company? I think no would be the answer. She looked shocked too.

3. What happened to Sum's father?

4. What did Sum did when she saw the cake? Did she call Hou? Or was she falling for Dr Ling?

Tonight's episode shows Yuet's difficulty as the adopted child, always the fall girl, always the one to blame. I felt sorry for her when she had to swallow her pride and dignity and admitted she lied all for the family and I almost hated Hor Ma for it since she told her but that guy, that grandcousinuncle dug his own grave by persisting with his own lie. You must know when to give up man when you've won! So Hor Ma of course let it all rip! Good for her! I mean someone insult your child that way you just can't shut up! But the best was grandma slapping him and revealing that she knew all along, because he was flawed in character. That to me was the best moment.

Now let me ask you, AFTER THIS will Cho Ba go back to Hung? Will grandma even look at Hung? After all WE ALL KNOW who gave him instructions, he wouldn't have dared to act the way he did without Hung's consent. Since the themesong video showed Hung will be wearing a wedding dress with Cho Ba as the groom, I suppose not.

You know all the hatred on Hung is not just justified enough. Yes she is petty, yes she is cruel for not telling Cho Ba (though I remember last night she contemplated about it seriously which means she has perhaps an ounce of humanity left in her?) but thus far she has yet to do more than just background work so to speak. When is she moving in big time??

As for performances, nothing much to say except Lee Heung Kam was fantastic. Tavia looked the part, did the part and so was effective but the winner has got to be the grandcousinuncle. What's the name of the actor? Seen him, great actor but never knew his name. I so hate the way he accused Yuet. He deserved his public humiliation.

Anyway sorry about the rushed recap. I just can't miss He Who Can't Marry which is getting better and better. I was just tired of all the arguing in this series.

Best scene/moment/quote...

I have known you since you were a baby. Do you not think that I do not know your character? The fact that I am slapping you when I heard what was said is because I know you enough to know your character!

- grandma to her nephew


1 comments:

Kidd 9/9/09 8:24 PM  

I won't be able to comment much after this because I've stop watching by episode 20.

I found the episode summary this episode in asianfanatics though. Hope it helps.

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=573052

• Sum saw the cake from Ho expressing his love. She replied him she just treated him as his brother.
• The grandchildren went to the hospital to to visit their grandma Lai, she told them not to tell Joe Bau about her illness. When Joe Bau called them, Yuet couldn’t help but told him that Lai was in the hospital. Ho Ma wanted Yuet to promise not to tell Joe Bau about the truth of her illness.
• Sa Yi told them that her daughter Ka Mei (Kate) would come back to HK for a reunion with her. She gave her room to Ka Mei, so finally Yuet was forced to share her room with Sa Yi.
• Sum lost contact with Shun (Bosco) but she found his blog on the internet, which further made her think that she & Shun may have a chance to develop their relationship.
• Joe Bau returned to HK & he tried to question Yuet, Yuet admitted that she was wrong. Kung tried to blame Yuet but luckily Ho Ma stood up for Yuet. Lai finally spoke the truth that she realized Kung had acted very strangely.
• Ho Ma led everyone to her daughter’s room, took all Sa Yi’s clothes into her (Ho Ma’s) own room.
(Summarized by annie083)

This is for episode 20 you missed

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=571161

• Lai told Ho (Raymond) that she would come to meet him & Ting but Lai suddenly lost her contact. Ho finally found her fainted at the pedestrians flyover /bridge. Kung used the telephone left to him & Mui by Hung to call Hung that Lai was admitted into the hospital. Hung got the news & didn’t let Joe Bau know that. Kung called Hung again & cheated her that Lai had woke up & apologized to Ho Ma. Hung was so angry that she decided to hide the whole thing completely.
• Mui wanted to call Hung when she left the hospital but Kung stopped her. But Yuet (Tavia) overheard their conversation. She then told Ho Ma about it. Ho Ma begged Mui outside the hospital but when she was about to tell Hung’s telephone number to Ho Ma, Kung appeared & stopped her.
• Around midnight, Lai’s situation was getting worse, Ho Ma couldn’t help but shouted to Lai to hold on. Luckily Lai passed the most critical moment.
• Sum agreed to go to Lamma Island with Shun , they talked happily for the whole night.
(Summarized by annie083)

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This is a watch-as-I-write episodic thought (a combination of episode summaries, reviews & critical analysis episode per episode) of TVB series, Moonlight Resonance, now showing on ASTRO Ch 311 from Mon-Fri at 9.30pm. Expect the thoughts to be episode per episode, critical analysis of the plot & performances of that particular episode, each to be posted the next afternoon & some may not contain full summaries as I may be watching other stuff during the same time. Hopefully I shall presevere and finish this one. Your comments, especially for the current episode are most welcomed. Use Post A Comment but please try not to post future episode spoilers.

Subject matter

TITLE
Moonlight Resonance

EPISODES
40

RELEASED IN
2008 by HKTVB

IT IS NOT
a sequel to Heart Of Greed even if they have essentially the same cast but with some shift of characters

FEEDBACK/COMMENT
Please comment episode per episode using Post A Comment in relevant episode page please. Please avoid revealing spoilers for future episodes unless it is a minor spoiler and explains questions about the plot

MORE INFO
- Cast list
- Wikipedia (SPOILERS!!)
- Point2e.com

REMINDER
The posts in here are my personal opinion & if you can't stand personal opinion that is critical or overly too positive, please do not proceed further than the first page of this blog.

Top Commenters

Get this widget