BE AWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS! FOR THE THOUGHTS, LOOK AT THE EPISODES PANEL ON THE RIGHT. FOR THE LATEST THOUGHT, GO TO HOME.

Episode 24


Where to start? Thematically I suppose I can divide it into 2 parts since they're quite distinct. I shall call them WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! part and of course YEAH! YEAH! YEAHHHH!!! part because my reaction was like that.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!
Again the most boring couple, Sum and Ling. Thanks to Kidd for telling me their story was literally copied from a HK radio story, almost 100% similar but frankly all love stories are like that to me. Sum is officially seeing Ling and when Hou was shopping for a gift for Hing and her upcoming wedding, he literally bumped into Sum and Ling, hand in hand. Funny was the moment Sum saw him, she took away her hand from Ling who of course noticed that as well. Hou looked sad but happily greeted them, say hi and bye and left, and as he did, Sum looked rather sad, looked bad and Hou met her eyes and smiled and she sadly smiled back. And then she went back to holding Ling's hand.

Pause here.

So what does it mean? That in order to get over Hou she started an affair with Ling? Or she is in love with 2 men? WHAT?

Then later Hou was in a restaurant and saw Ling with another woman, looking rather intimate. Sum later called Hou, met with him and told him she wouldn't be able to make it for Hing's wedding as she had a potential promotion type of surgery. Hou then told her what he saw and Sum instead of denying actually admitted she knew he had a girlfriend. I forgot what was Hou's reaction but Sum then walked away, slow mo.

Pause here.

What was Sum thinking being with an unavailable man like Ling when an available good guy like Hou is there, standing, literally begging her to love him with his eyes?

YEAH! YEAH! YEAHHHH!!!
There's a reason why the following is YEAH! YEAH! YEAHHHH!!!. Don't forget to read the almost end part.

Hing is getting married and Cho Ba wants nothing but THE best for her so he was going to pay for the best wedding ever in 1 month's time. Hing and Kelvin didn't want to trouble Cho Ba but Cho Ba said "I have only one natural daughter, let me do this for her as a father should" and so they agreed. At the dinner for discussion Auntie Sa was sulking, clearly having failed in her last attempt to get money from Cho. Auntie Sa then loudly said "What? You're also marrying on that day? So am I and Yan Chi!" and grandpa sadly said "Well we will have 2 set of dinners, and our relatives will have to attend one after the other. I am so sad... one if having a dinner at some big restaurant but Sa is having one at a small dingy restaurant that no one knows. How am I going to explain to the relatives who come all the way to attend both weddings? You may think Sa has money and all but I saw her account book, she has very little left!" and no one really knew how to console grandpa and Sa was sulking all the way and said "Father! Why are you telling everyone about this? Isn't it enough I am humiliated with the fact that my wedding dinner will be somewhere no one knows at all?" and Cho Ba then said "Alright! I will give $200,000-00 as a wedding gift, then Sa you can have your dinner ceremony at any restaurants you want!" and Sa looked unhappy because she expected more and grandpa then smiled and said "Hing, why not we combine the dinner? I mean the relatives then don't have to travel 2 places! and it will be merrier!" but everyone except Sa looked very unhappy at that as Yuet said "But grandpa that will be Hing's biggest day! It's unfair to expect her to share that..." and even Hor Ma said "Father I am sure the relatives won't mind" and Hou and even Cho Ba agreed and Sa sulked away and grandpa looked stricken and then Kelvin and Hing responded (as in Hing responded); "Grandpa I am ok with a double wedding" and Yuet asked "Are you sure Hing? You don't have to" and Hing smiled and said "I have never expected to be married at all and now I have this big ceremony, I also want to share my happiness. Imagine grandpa being able to celebrate with all relatives. I think it will be fun, moreover I am sure that will make grandpa very happy" and grandpa was indeed very happy and Sa even happier and so Hor Ma said "Well if Hing is ok and grandpa is happy, why not?" and so that was that.

Pause here.

I feel grandpa is so selfish. First making Yuet become Sa's maid of honour when everybody knows Sa calls Yuet Lo Lui. Second he makes Hing share her day with Sa, which is so unfair and to have Cho Ba paying for Sa's portion as well. Sa isn't his daughter! Grandpa was definitely being very unfair, unjust and terrible dumb. I agree with Hor Ma's reaction of FATHER ARE YOU NUTS! moment. It's like who's getting married? Grandpa or Hing?

Anyway so it was decided that was that.

Cho Ba told Hung about the wedding, was very excited and then said "Hung I am giving father a cheque of $30 million (last episode I made a mistake; Sa asked for $10 million and not $100 million). This money is for him to keep, just in case Hou or Ka needs the money for wedding or some emergency" and Hung not believing what she heard sternly said "I think the amount is too much! It wasn't easy earning that sum, I do not agree giving him that much money" but Cho Ba determined said "But we do owe him. We did use KA Hou Yuet Yuen's name by cheating the name back. It is a reasonable sum".

Pause here.

Yes he cheated the name but was it worth $30million then?$10 million is a fair sum but I kinda agree with HUng's anger in this.

"I don't agree. Why don't you just tell the truth! Why don't you just say you want to give him the money, then the shops, then the company, then yourself to give to that fat thing! Why don't you just admit you want to go back to that fat thing!!" Hung shouted and Cho Ba angry said "What is wrong with me giving my own children money?" and Hung shouted "But he is your FORMER father in law, he is not your father in law! Moreover you were the one who said nobody can stop you from seeing your children! I was helpless to stop you anyway! Everynight, every small matter you will go over that fat thing's house. During the mooncake dinner, I was alone in the office crying, and of course you didn't know and wouldn't care anyway!" but Cho Ba shouted "How many times must I say that I am not going back to her? Ok I swear that for the rest of my life I will have only 1 wife and that is Yan Hung! Is that fine with you?" and Hung angrily retorted "I will not agree to that sum!" but Cho Ba was determined and said "That is also my money! I am free to give it to anyone! Give me the cheque" and Hung struggles with him for awhile over the cheque but Cho Ba got it and left. Hung was very very angry.

Pause here.

I am kinda on Hung's side. She did earned that money too. Ka Hou Yuet Yuen may be a name cheated from the other side but back then it wasn't worth what it is now and that is due to Hung's shrewd business talent. To have Cho Ba just give the money away is surely not fair to Hung. But again Hung didn't really dispute the sum, just that it was given to Hor Ma in a way and she hates Hor Ma.

Anyway next day Cho Ba gave grandpa the cheque and grandpa was very shocked and didn't want it but Cho Ba insisted and explained why and then said "But father, remember never tell that Lor Po (Auntie Sa)! If she knows, she will pester you for every penny you have got!" and grandpa nodded.

In the hospital Hor Ma was visiting Kelvin's mom. Hor Ma was not feeling well, having cough and flu whilst Kelvin's mom kinda fainted. She was worried it was the kidney again and sadly said "Hor Ma even if I can't get out in time, you must continue with the wedding. Don't waste the preparation" but Hor Ma held her hand and said "No, there will be no wedding without you. How can you miss your son's most important day? The day you will be gaining a daughter? No, we will wait for you no matter what!" and Kelvin's mom was very happy to hear that, so was Hing and Kelvin. Then the doctor came in and said the fainting was not kidney related and she could leave and everybody was very very happy.

Hor Ma was having lunch with Kelvin's mom after sending a few wedding biscuits to relatives. Hung saw Hor Ma in the restaurant and followed her into the restroom. Hor Ma was washing her face, still feeling not very well heard Hung said "Well well well, sis Hor, can't believe you're here. How are you?" and Hor Ma ignored her and tried to leave when Hung went right up to her face and said "You know, in the past when I saw you at one end of the street, I will immediately run the other way. I have always felt ashamed of what I did but now, when I see you in the street, I will walk right up to you, not ashamed at all as you should be the one to feel ashamed!" and Hor Ma sternly said "I have said before, if you disturb my children I will destroy you to protect them" and Hung said "Well so will I, if you try to break my family apart I will destroy you. You fox demon!" and Hor Ma was shocked with the accusation and tried to leave but Hung walked right up and said "You think you can seduce back Cho? My husband? I will tell you why he can still go dinners with you and your children. That is because I haven't acted yet, I haven't done anything. Everybody thought fox demons must be slim and flirtatious, but the fat and old ones are equally as dangerous! You leave Cho alone! You get me you fox demon!" and with that she slapped Hor Ma so hard her specs flew out. Hor Ma was humiliated, beaten and shocked as Hung angrily said "Why so surprise? You slapped me before remember? This is payback for what you're doing. Remember, if you dare to destroy my family, I will anything to retain them!From now on I will no longer feel ashamed or walk the other way. You better lookout!!" and with that she walked away and Hor Ma shaken took her glasses and must be wondering what the hell just happened.

Sa was trying a wedding dress for the thousandth time when Hung walked in and Sa said "What do you want now?" and Hung smiled and said "I am just here to tell you a secret. Cho gave your father a cheque of $30 million a few days ago" and Sa shocked asked "Why are you telling me?" and Hung said "If you achieve what I think you will be doing, there will be plenty of secrets to tell..." and left and Sa now scheming.

Next in a hotel room with Yan Chi and his mom there, Sa pestered grandpa "Father! Tell me! Tell me if Cho gave you that money? Father.. I am your daughter tell me!!" and grandpa was being pushed around and was very confused as he said "How did you know?" as Yan Chi said "Father you're not being very fair to Sa. Tell her" and grandpa finally said "Ok ok stop pushing me! I am having a headache! Yes Cho gave me that cheque but for Ka and Hou's use! I am just holding it for awhile" and Sa and Yan Chi smiled and Sa said "Oh my my my, father this is very good! Very good news indeed!" then grandpa said "But why are you so happy? That's not your money!" and Sa said "Father I am your daughter too, you must let me have a share, I just want (I think she said) $20 million! That's all I want. If not I will have to return to Portugal rather than staying here!" and Yan Chi also agreed but grandpa now angry said "If you feel you don't have any prospect here, find! Go back to Portugal then. Why are you still here?!" and then he left as Sa was left fuming. When he left Yan Chi's mom said "I hate having to pretend to have alzheimer's!. Son, why don't you just find a decent job and work hard?" but Sa and Yan Chi ignored her and schemed away.

The wedding day was here. Sa and Yan CHi both sulked as they're both like "tumpang glamour" (riding on the glamour) of Hing and Kelvin. Whist the while groom and gang tried to gate crash the place, Sa and Yan Chi overheard that a relative couldn't be here because was trying to check out who was his son or something as his son was swapped as a baby at a certain hospital during a certain years. Sa immediately stood up and went into Hor Ma's room with Yan Chi and looked for something. It was Hor Ma's birth cert and Sa said "I was right! Sis was born during that period of time in the same hospital! She could have been swapped as a baby! father' blood is type O and I read that some blood couldn't be such a combination from O type. What was it?" and Yan Chi said "I have a friend who's a nurse. I can check!" and then they searched some more and found a medical report and Sa said "Sis is indeed the real Lor Lui! Look, her blood is AB!" and Yan Chi said "My friend confirms that AB can't come from an O type blood!" and Sa angrily said "So sis the perfect daughter, the real Lor Lui! To think father was so stupid and biased to give her the house, the shop and everything! I will get back what is mine. I have in my hands the ultimate evidence!" but Yan Chi said "Sa, be careful. Let's do a DNA test first. We will expose this after the wedding" and Sa said "Ok".

Pause here.

Let me predict (and I seriously do not know the answer) that the real Lor Lui here is Auntie Sa! That would shut her up! So even if Hor Ma isn't the real daughter, so what?

It was dinner ceremony. The scene was extravagant and happy but Auntie Sa was drunk in the room and Yan CHi was there. Auntie Sa was very unhappy and angrily said "I will expose that Lor Lui! She is the real Lor Lui!" but Yan Chi said "Remember, after the dinner Sa, not now" and grandpa walked in and asked "Sa why are you drunk?" and Sa then angrily said "Father you have acted so unfair to me!! I want my fair share!!" and grandpa clueless asked "Sa what do you want now? The relatives are out there!" and Sa said "Well so what? I won't continue the ceremony! I won't" and grandpa angrily said "Fine, if you don't want then don't!!" and Sa cried "You're so biased!!" and Yan Chi said "Father maybe you haven't acted fairly with Sa?" and grandpa admitted defeat and asked "Ok Sa what do you want?" and Sa said "I want $20 million! I want the money to compensate me for what I didn't get, how unfair you treated me!" and grandpa said "I have already said, that money is by Cho for Ka and Hou use" and Sa said "I don't care!" but Chung overheard this and rushed to Hor Ma and told Hor Ma Auntie Sa was being crazy again.

As grandpa was trying his best to advise Sa, Hor Ma came in and asked "What is going on?" and grandpa immediately held on to Hor Ma and cried his heart out as he said "Hor, I don't know what I should do anymore!" and Sa was unrepentant. Everyone as in the family knew something wasn't right and except for the bride and groom, everyone rushed in and grandpa immediately held on to Cho Ba and frustratingly said "Cho, you have put me in harm's way! Sa knew about the money, and now she wants it!" and Cho said "You! I gave that money for my children's use, not for you to use!" and Sa said "I don't care, I deserve it. If not I shall expose the biggest secret (everyone was like what secret??). I won't continue with the wedding!" and Hor Ma calmly said "Hou, Ka, you both go out and tell our relatives the double wedding tonight will only be one pair. Auntie Sa will not be marrying tonight" and Sa cried "How can you be so unfair sis!!" and Hor Ma angrily said "You can leave now. The door's there, LEAVE!" and Sa said "Now I want to get married, then I can walk right up onto the podium and tell everyone how unfair you all were to me, how badly treated I am!!" and Hor MA was going to retort as Auntie Sa pushed her way out but the children stopped her but grandma came in time and smilingly said "Sa Sa... what's the matter? Why so upset?" and Sa said "Old Mrs Kam, I am being bullied here!" but grandma gently said "Look, tonight is a happy night. Why not you go through the wedding and all and I promise at the end of the day you will get a huge ang pow from me. How much do you use a month? $30,000-00? Ok I shall assume you use $50,000-00. I can assure you my ang pow will be equivalent of 5 years, or more of that sum, I promise" and Sa having heard that smiled happily.

And so the wedding continued, and Sa and Yan Chi's done, there came Hing very beautiful and radiant in her wedding gown and a happy Kelvin. After Kelvin read out his vows, Hing signed and said she has something to say and Hou was the interpreter. Basically she credited Hor Ma for loving her and giving her strength and asked if Hor Ma can translate the vows on her behalf? Hor Ma gladly agreed.

Pause here.

Hou must be able to see through Hing because when Hing was signing, her back was facing Hou!

So Hing read her vows and Hor Ma translated it, happy for Hing.

Pause here.

Or maybe Hing was invincible or something because now her back was facing Hor Ma and she was adding words to her vows!! How on earth they can see? Ask TVB!

So the wedding done, everyone happy and back in the room, Sa was very happy and walked to Grandma and said "Old Mrs Kam, your promise?" and grandma smiled and tookout a huge angpow and gave to Sa. But Ka took the angpow away and I think it was Hou or Ka who said "Grandma, don't give her! She is being unreasonable!" but Sa was fighting for the angpow and grandma said "It is ok, give it to her, trust me" as her eyes was twinkling! Ahhhhh up to mischief!!

Auntie Sa opened it and it was a piece of paper which says "If your heart feels contented, you will be the richest!" and Auntie Sa of course cried foul but grandma said "Well that will carry you for life! It took me sometime to learn this but I learned that if you heart is contented, you will feel the richest!" and Sa cried "Old Mrs Kam, you lied!" and Grandma said "You see them? That's my my saviour. Hor pulled me back from the gates of hell. That is my granddaughter. Who are you? What have you done for me? Why should I even care what you think?!" and Sa angrily said "You vile old woman! You're a liar!!" and shouted and all and said "I shall reveal the secret!!" and grandma now very angry said "What do you think I am? Easy to bully? When I was younger I was known for my temper!! Ask your sister, Hor, she knows! She witnessed it first hand! Remember Hor when HOu had an exam coming up and I took him to the playground? Remember how we fought? Oh how I fought with you? You silly girl (to Sa), I was so loud with Hor, I had her pinned to the roof with my temper alone! So what of you?! Don't you dare to mess with me! If you dare to I will argue with you till you're pinned on the roof!! I have temper left in this old body of mine!! I have been arguing with people and winning even when you were just wearing your diapers!!" and Sa speechless told Yan Chi to leave and asked Ka Mei "Go Ka Mei!" and Ka Mei embarassed said "I like to stay" and so Sa and Yan Chi left. Everyone screamed his or her joy and said "Grandma! Wow!!" and grandma strut her stuff and said "And you think I am not able to!"

Next episode Sa revealed the big secret and grandpa cried and Hou asked "Grandpa, are we not your grandchildren then?"

I think my theory is right. Let's see how. And I think probably Yan Chi will cheat Sa of everything and leave her!

Tonight, Sa is so so so so so so so so so over the top with her greed that I am speechless. That money is by Cho Ba to his children, what has it got to do with her? Even Hung's encounter with Hor Ma wasn't as unreasonable as Auntie Sa. What a horrible character. Poor grandpa. I was happy he stood his ground about the money but he is old and she can be so persistently naggy...

But grandma saved the day! Possible the best scene for the last few episodes I have seen. Way to go grandma!!! I didn't expect her to trick Auntie Sa. Moreover what does Sa thinks? That grandma will help her? How stupid. How dare she even try to spoil Hing's night?

Definitely a good episode and the last bit made it great! But what I love is Hor Ma's fortitude. I mean she is nice woman, docile sometimes, reasonable and fair and everybody likes her gentle nature. But bully her children, she will snap, even if that person is her only sister. I love the way she just told Hou to tell everyone the wedding is off since Auntie Sa used that to threaten them. Great scene.

Performances wise, Lee Sze Kei gave a great performance tonight whilst Michelle Yim is also wonderfully mean eventhough her character HUng is still not evil enough. She is protecting her family in a way and I understand her anger.

Grandpa (again I forgot the actor's name!!) was great too, realisticaly crying at Lee Sze Kei's shoulder because he was so tired of being pressured and pushed around. He looked old though, frail too but great scene.

Susanna Kwan is despicable, she really make her character to unlikeable, she really went all out with that irritating voice and expression. Very impressive performance eventhough I am tired of Auntie Sa never ending greed saga.

The younger ones are ok although the inconsistencies like being able to see through Hing was very distracting. In fact it was a stupid mistake that shouldn't have happened.

The limelight however falls on Lee Heung Kam in that final scene. Wow! What a performance as she scolded that woman who clearly didn't know what was coming! Love the way she strutted her angry look and you kinda guess she must have a been a formidable and very scary as well as hard to please mother in law! Fantastic performance!!

Overall I really enjoyed the last few moments and some performances. Now if only Dr Ling could die and we can just have Sum and Hou get together to stop the whole quadruple romance story.

Best scene?

What do you think I am? Easy to bully? When I was younger I was known for my temper!! Ask your sister, Hor, she knows! She witnessed it first hand! Remember Hor when HOu had an exam coming up and I took him to the playground? Remember how we fought? Oh how I fought with you? You silly girl (to Sa), I was so loud with Hor, I had her pinned to the roof with my temper alone! So what of you?! Don't you dare to mess with me! If you dare to I will argue with you till you're pinned on the roof!! I have temper left in this old body of mine!! I have been arguing with people and winning even when you were just wearing your diapers!!

- Grandma to Sa

0 comments:

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This is a watch-as-I-write episodic thought (a combination of episode summaries, reviews & critical analysis episode per episode) of TVB series, Moonlight Resonance, now showing on ASTRO Ch 311 from Mon-Fri at 9.30pm. Expect the thoughts to be episode per episode, critical analysis of the plot & performances of that particular episode, each to be posted the next afternoon & some may not contain full summaries as I may be watching other stuff during the same time. Hopefully I shall presevere and finish this one. Your comments, especially for the current episode are most welcomed. Use Post A Comment but please try not to post future episode spoilers.

Subject matter

TITLE
Moonlight Resonance

EPISODES
40

RELEASED IN
2008 by HKTVB

IT IS NOT
a sequel to Heart Of Greed even if they have essentially the same cast but with some shift of characters

FEEDBACK/COMMENT
Please comment episode per episode using Post A Comment in relevant episode page please. Please avoid revealing spoilers for future episodes unless it is a minor spoiler and explains questions about the plot

MORE INFO
- Cast list
- Wikipedia (SPOILERS!!)
- Point2e.com

REMINDER
The posts in here are my personal opinion & if you can't stand personal opinion that is critical or overly too positive, please do not proceed further than the first page of this blog.

Top Commenters

Get this widget