BE AWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS! FOR THE THOUGHTS, LOOK AT THE EPISODES PANEL ON THE RIGHT. FOR THE LATEST THOUGHT, GO TO HOME.

Episode 23


I have wanted to say something about last night's episode but I kept forgetting as I was exhausted and then suddenly tonight after seeing Moses' face I remembered. I wanted to say how disgusting his expression was as Ka when looking at foxy Ka Mei. That pained expression as he kept thrusting his hips back and forth is just too inappropriate and Ka acted like a first class wolf.

Never mind. That was last night and the whole momentum of criticism lost eventhough I remember I cringed at it.

Tonight I again could summarize the entire story in THREE parts; waste of time part, the usual boring part and the soon to be boring part.

GUESS WHO IS WHICH??

Easy right?

THE SOON TO BE BORING PART
Cho Ba, grandma and everybody, including ghost Yuen, shorty Kevin, MUTE GIRL! MUTE GIRL! Kevin's mom and Sum were all there for the mooncake festival dinner. Poor Hung, alone, and not invited. What a snub eh? Anyway what happened? Happy time, game playing, huge mooncake which Cho Ba was reluctant to cut because it has the word .. repeat after me because by now you should know... Ka Hou Yuet Yuen Hing Chung Chau. Yeah yeah yeah. Anyway happy time until suddenly Kevin stood before Hing and timidly said "I have a question for Hing... " and Kevin's mom brought a bouquet of flowers and Hing smiled and said thanks but Kevin suddenly dropped the bomb "Hing will you marry me?". Is there no private moment in this series? Well Hing predictably said yes and hugged all those she wanted hug EXCEPT for Kevin's mom. In fact she seems to not even smile or look at her, like kinda snubbed her! Of course that's just poor script writing. Anyway, Hor Ma and Kevin's mom jumped like schoolgirl at the propect of being related by law.

In her room, Yuet was crying quietly. Ka walked by and asked "Yuet, are you ok?" and Yuet said "I am happy for Hing, Kevin is a good man but I feel so sad at losing her. We were so close for so many years but now she is getting married and I will be alone" and Ka said "But she will come back to visit? Moreover, we are not losing Hing, but gaining Kevin as our sibling" but Yuet said "But she will have obligations. We won't be able to talk freely like we did in the past, she will probably only come back to visit during festivals only. Ka, can I ask you a question" and Ka said "Ask away" and Yuet asked "How did you feel when you were forced to follow Cho Ba and that woman? I remember holding onto you and you were dragged away" and Ka said "I felt horrible of course that I won't be able to spend as much time with you guys like I did before but I thought oit out in the end" and Yuet curiously asked "How?" and Ka said seriously "I thought about when I am old and in a hospital and alone and I will see an old woman next to my bed, all old and wrinkly and alone and I will ask her 'what's your name?' and she will answer 'Yuet'". Yuet got his cheeky meaning and beat him and they laughed a bit when Hor Ma said "Yuet, Ka where are you?" and Ka said "Come on, let's go" and Yuet wiped her eyes and walked out with Ka.

Next scene, Ka Mei was shopping for handbags, liked an expensive one but can't afford it and asked for other bags. The salesgirl was very rude and made remarks like Ka Mei couldn't afford the stuff, why not get cheaper and upset, Ka Mei left. At a restaurant Yuet and Ka were sitting down and Ka said "The dancers these time I will employ 3 with Ka Mei at the front as the spotlight. It will be fantastic!" but Yuet said "We must book 6 dancers, just in case! Moreover Ka Mei is looking for work, she won't be able to help us" in a very furstrated sort of way when Ka had a call and rushed out. Ka Mei called him and he walked into the bag shop and talked loudly in mandarin and pointed to all sorts of bad prompting the salesgirl to fly around fetching the bags. Then he refused to buy them and insulted the salesgirl as short, unprofessional and walked to Ka Mei and bought her the expensive bag. The salesgirl was angry of course and totally humiliated.

Outside Ka Mei thanked Ka and said "I don't think I can pay you back so soon. You know what? Why don't I work for you and you deduct from my salary?" and Ka wanted to say no until Ka Mei held his arm and he melted.

At the restaurant Yuet was surprised to see Ka Mei and shocked that Ka introduced her as the new 2nd personal assistant and Yuet said quietly "Ka, the company is small, you don't need a 2nd assistant" and Ka honestly said "You're too honest with the clients, you don't know how to deal with them. Cousin Ka Mei can handle that" and so that was that as Ka Mei sweetly said "Yuet, let us work together to make the company a success with cousin Ka!" as she touched Ka's hand and Ka melted again and Yuet annoyed.

WASTE OF TIME PART
I am losing my patience for the whole Dr Ling and Sum story. Am I suppose to feel sorry for them that they're so in love but he is obligated to what's her name? I can't remember but Claire Yiu I think is the actress. I am beginning to be very annoyed with Sum as well. Why? She is a great girl, with backbone of steel. But the writers made her into this non person that I just don't like anymore and she has yet to do anything despicable and I don't think she will. In real life I would think a girl like Sum has issues. What issues you ask? Well when Hou was unattainable as in he has yet to confess his love for her (again), she thought of him day and night and called him to talk late into the night. When he confessed, she fell for Dr Ling who nows become unattainable due to a 3rd party. It seems she likes unintentionally hard to get guys! Am I right or am I right?

Anyway the soon to be adulterer and adulteress (he isn't married yet but seems like he will at the end of the day) went to island to visit a baby and had baby talk, chit chat etc and cycled back to the jetty where they stopped for ice cream as Dr Ling talked more about his father who was very money pinching person and a hard man to please but still Dr Ling loved him and then Sum said "You know you're a very amusing person. I find you very humorous" and in a rather amateur way of showing how not together they are as a couple as in Dr Ling and this girlfriend of his, Dr Ling sadly said "Funny, --- never said I was funny. In fact if you were to tell her I am funny, she wouldn't have believed you". Well there is a reason you bastard!! That's because you don't love her!! Anyway he said "I used to love to eat this ice cream but when I grew up I didn't think it tasted any special until I am eating it again now. Somehow it felt tasty, eating here with you" and Sum looked on sadly.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NOT!

Ok, be done with this story! NEXT!!

THE USUAL BORING PART
Auntie Sa is up to her old tricks, as in tricking her father to say something to Cho Ba. She wrote it down, grandpa didn't want to say but Auntie Sa and also Yan Chi and I suspect his mom pretending to have alzheimer all looked on and Auntie Sa first cajoled, then threatened and then went down on her knees and begged grandpa "FATHER!! Please just read the note to Cho! If you don't Yan Chi, Ka Mei and I will all have to go back to Portugal and you will never see us again!! Grandpa surely you'll miss Ka Mei. DO IT FOR KA MEI!!!" and Grandpa said "But I can Cho to find Yan Chi a good job, with a good pay" but Yan Chi said "I don't know Chinese and I won't make it here. My old boss in Portugal is giving me back my old clerical job and I am tempted to take it" and Auntie Sa cried "PLEASE FATHER!! PLEASE JUST READ THE NOTE!!!" and grandpa couldn't say not and angrily said "Alright alrigh you useless daughter! I will do it" and he called Cho Ba who was walking and Cho Ba asked "Father, what's the matter?" and Grandpa reading the note awkwardly said "Cho, you have once forsaken my daughter and took away our business name. I don't blame you because I know you're sorry. But you must compensate me and Hou and so I ask that you pay..." and grandpa saw the number I think is $100 million if I am not mistaken and Cho Ba guiltily said "Father I know I wasn't good to Hor, I am sorry..." and Cho Ba said "You pay me $1 million..." and then Auntie Sa took away the phone and angrily said "Father it is supposed to be $100 million, not $1 million!" and grandpa said "But that sum is too high!" and Sa said "Father, HE CAN AFFORD IT! PLease father, for me, for Ka Mei!" and Grandpa reluctantly said "Cho, I meant $100 million and.." he couldn't go on and Auntie Sa angrily said "LET ME SPEAK WITH HIM THEN!!" and CHo Ba was saying "Father, did you say $1 million or $100 million? I mean I should pay but can you repeat the sum again?" and at that point Hor Ma was there and knew something was wrong and took the phone and was listening when Auntie Sa now spoke thinking it was Cho Ba "Cho! Listen. You weren't good to my sister and my father but they are willing to forgive you. But you must compensate them. $100 million is a fair amount. Pay up. But don't you dare tell my sister.." and Hor Ma sarcastically asked "Don't tell me if not what? Do you want $1 billion? I can give the money to you if that's what you want" and Auntie Sa knew her cover up was busted!!

You may ask why this is the usual boring part? Because I am beginning to be bored with the never changing Auntie Sa. She is so predictable.

It stoped here.

Next episode, Cho Ba actually paid up and Hung found out and was rightfully angry but with the wrong person as in Hor Ma.

Story wise I have said what I wanted to say above except I would like to add grandpa should just kick Sa out. She is worse than Hung and she is greedy, manipulative and probably is the reason why Hung slap Hor Ma in the next episode. A real trouble maker.

The trouble maker in the making is Ka Mei. I just feel she is so materialistic and wants success fast and it shows in tonight's episode.

As for Sum, she is simply being wasted as the lovelorn doctor.

The stories are becoming formulaic and repetetive. Give me something new, STAT! The show is dying, pulse is going!!

I have a question to those who have seen this episode. I missed the 1st 30 minutes so I wanna ask, what happened when Ka Mei heard Auntie Sa begging grandpa for a job at Ka Hou Yuet Yuen for Yan Chi and kept saying Ka Mei this Ka Mei that? You know the last scene from last night when Ka asked Auntie Sa about the breast augmentation procedure? Did Ka Mei scolded her?


As for the performances, no comment. Absolutely no comment whatsoever.

Best scene/quote...

Don't tell me if not what? Do you want $1 billion? I can give the money to you if that's what you want...

- Hor Ma to Auntie Sa

1 comments:

Anonymous 11/9/09 3:22 PM  

The only memorable part to me was how Yuet looked at Hing and hugged her after the proposal. Other than that, this episode was just a waste. At least I got a good laugh between Ka and Yuet. I don't know why but Ka always make me laugh.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This is a watch-as-I-write episodic thought (a combination of episode summaries, reviews & critical analysis episode per episode) of TVB series, Moonlight Resonance, now showing on ASTRO Ch 311 from Mon-Fri at 9.30pm. Expect the thoughts to be episode per episode, critical analysis of the plot & performances of that particular episode, each to be posted the next afternoon & some may not contain full summaries as I may be watching other stuff during the same time. Hopefully I shall presevere and finish this one. Your comments, especially for the current episode are most welcomed. Use Post A Comment but please try not to post future episode spoilers.

Subject matter

TITLE
Moonlight Resonance

EPISODES
40

RELEASED IN
2008 by HKTVB

IT IS NOT
a sequel to Heart Of Greed even if they have essentially the same cast but with some shift of characters

FEEDBACK/COMMENT
Please comment episode per episode using Post A Comment in relevant episode page please. Please avoid revealing spoilers for future episodes unless it is a minor spoiler and explains questions about the plot

MORE INFO
- Cast list
- Wikipedia (SPOILERS!!)
- Point2e.com

REMINDER
The posts in here are my personal opinion & if you can't stand personal opinion that is critical or overly too positive, please do not proceed further than the first page of this blog.

Top Commenters

Get this widget