BE AWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS! FOR THE THOUGHTS, LOOK AT THE EPISODES PANEL ON THE RIGHT. FOR THE LATEST THOUGHT, GO TO HOME.

Episode 28

This episode will be the reason for me to feel tempted to stop watching this series.

I totally missed the 1st half an hour of this episode and when I started, oh my god, huge revelation; Yuet somehow saw a letter from Portugal from an orphanage asking Ka Mei, the MOTHER to visit a young boy. Ka Mei of course denies everything, Auntie Sa said boy is like foster child but in actual fact Ka Mei does have a son!!

Woahhh... how to villian-fied a character? Make her a bad mother! Nonsense! Ka Mei as it is is already not quite right; no need to make it so blatantly obvious that she's mean and materialistic and manipulative.

Anyway quarrel ensued and Sa of course defended Ka Mei and everybody told Yuet to shut up unless she has evidence.

Sa met with Ka Mei and told Ka Mei there was a letter to the orphanage by the child's father. Sa panicked but Ka Mei said "Tell the orphanage not to reveal anything to that bastard. Since he is out of the boy's life, he should remain out".

Yuet later confronted Ka Mei over another letter as evidence and ka Mei panicked which confirms that Ka Mei lied. Yuet gave her 3 days to reveal to Ka if not she will.

By the way Ka and Ka Mei are dating one another at this point.

Hung was having lunch with someone I forgot who and saw Sum with Dr Ling, now secretly dating despite the fact that Dr Ling has yet to leave Wing Lam. Hung seems to like Ling.

Back to Yuet.

Day 3 is here and Yuet quietly asked Ka Mei "Have you told Ka? If not I will tell him" but Ka Mei seems so relaxed, happy in fact. Then Yuet pressured her and Ka Mei like her mother made a big scene by loudly saying "YUET! WHY DO YOU DEFAME ME AS SUCH?!" and of course Yuet being a hot tempered person quickly denied and said "I am telling the truth! I don't want you to hurt Ka! You have a son! Why won't you just admit it?!" and then everybody gathered and Ka Mei made a big fuss, crying, scolding, defending herself etc and Ka angrily said "Yuet, stop accusing Ka Mei! The kid is just a foster child" but Yuet angry no one believes her said "You all know me! You all know my attitude. I am telling the truth! Why would I lie about such things?" and Ka Mei tearfully said "I know why you're doing this! You're in love with Ka! You want to be with him and destroy our relationship!" and Hor Ma who was cooking was there, Hou roughly held Yuet and said "Yuet, stop with this madness! Stop it!!" and even Hor Ma said "Stop it Yuet! Stop doing this!" and Yuet even angrier and now really crying emotionally said "Why won't you believe me? Why do you all just believe her?!" and Hor Ma angrily said "I have failed. I thought I could teach all my children well but I have failed!!" and Yuet now even angrier said "Hor Ma, how can you say that? Why won't you believe me?" and Sa of course called her Lor Lui when door bell rang and a letter was for Ka Mei from Portugal that said the boy was her son but Ka Mei quickly pointed out something was wrong with the letter and that it was and fake and Yan Chi loudly agreed and Ka Mei stepped forward and asked Yuet "You faked this letter? Why do you accuse me as such Yuet? What wrong have I done to you? Are you so selfish that you don't want to see Ka happy? Do you hate me so much because of that?" and Yuet now angry with her hypocrisy slapped Ka Mei really hard. Everyone was shocked and Hor Ma pulled Yuet over and slapped Yuet. Hor Ma said "I have indeed failed as a mother!" and Yuet crying emotionally said "Why won't you all believe me? Fine! Believe her! Believe her and don't ever believe me!" and she ran away and Ka Mei cried in Ka's arms.

Yan Chi and his mom met with Sa and Sa said "Luckily both of you came in time!" and his mom said "I thought I can stop pretending but it seems I am still required to act some more" and Yan Chi said "Sa, I thought you have changed. Must we go through this act again?" and Sa said "Yan Chi, I have changed but to protect Ka Mei, I have to do what I have to do".

Later Hou tried to call Yuet but couldn't get her. Ka meanwhile called and said "Yuet, where are you? Everybody is very worried" but she didn't take the call. A letter was delivered to Hor Ma and it was from Yuet. Yuet wrote;

"Hor Ma, I am a Lor Lui. I have always been grateful for your love and care. I know I have disappointed you over what happened. I know you were right to be angry with me. But Hor Ma, to tell you the truth, I do not like Ka Mei. I think she is pretentious and she will hurt Ka. I know she has a son but I have no proof. I tried calling the orphanage to verify but they would not release the information. So I did something terrible; I forged a letter from the father of the child hoping for a reply. I know that is wrong. But I was desperate to stop her from hurting Ka. I also lied when Ka Mei said I am in love with Ka, and I said I wasn't. Truth is Hor Ma, I am in love with Ka" and Ka looked shocked... "I can't help having feelings for him. Which is why I didn't want her to hurt him. I don't trust Ka Mei. But Hor Ma, remember the time I ran away waiting by the phone booth? I saw everybody looking for me, I saw how desperate grandpa was and how worried. I was just a Lor Lui but you all looked for me. Hor Ma, I am sorry. I promise I will not disappoint you again. Let me come home Hor Ma, let me come home to you all again. I want to go home, I don't want to be away anymore. Hor Ma, please forgive me..."

and Yuet was in the phone booth when she heard a tap and it was Hing and then she saw everybody's face squeezed together and she opened the door, and Hor Ma hugged her and so she cried.

Next episode; Wing Lam finally confront Sum, Hou confronts Sum, Hung confronts Sum. Lots of confrontation.

I don't like this episode. One because it is so familiar with the earlier one where Yuet ran away and that was more touching. In fact it was like a long rewind and starting again which is never ending. If you tell me this family is united, I wouldn't believe you because they quarrel every episode. Not very united! Like how they readily believe Hung over Sa and in here Ka Mei over Yuet. How unified is that?

Two because I hate the ending of Yuet begging to come home.

If she truly believes Ka Mei is wrong, she shouldn't beg. The solution is easy. If Hor Ma believes Ka Mei, then her slapping Yuet is right. If Hor Ma believes Yuet, then when she asked Yuet to come home means Ka Mei did indeed lie about the boy. Why is it Yuet is always the punching bag? Why must it show her so desperate for the family? She has endured insults after insults. I was hoping this would be the final straw. She may love Hor Ma and all, but if she feels Hor Ma is terribly wrong, it would be nice to show the stubborn Yuet leaving but still keep in contact. To have her write that letter begging, imagine how gloating Ka Mei will be!

Third is because all of a sudden a son? Where did that come from.

Fourth, Sa is still the same same same. Can they all just stop quarreling for one episode?

Fifth, Yuet's sudden confession she is in love with Ka. That is not only badly written but wrong wrong wrong! If she feels she is Hor Ma's daughter, then Ka is her BROTHER. Not by blood but by feelings. To have her in love with Ka is incestious not by blood, but by the nature of their closeness. Don't give me that lecture on how her surname is not Kam or Ka left the family 12 years ago, etc. She was a young girl, looking up to a much older Ka as a brother. She looks at Hou as a brother. She looks as Cho Ba and Hor Ma as parents. Hing as sister. Chung as brother. Yuen as... a ghost perhaps. Point is this relationship thing is WRONG!!

And I feel Hor Ma is so wrong in this episode. Not only was she not listening to Yuet, she accused Yuet of lying, saying she failed and then slapped Yuet. Hor Ma not very Hor Ma like in this episode.

As for the performances, no complaints except kinda expected Tavia to be so explosively emotionally. Not complaining but not quite new also.

Was grandpa in the scenes? I don't think so. Where is he? Still with relatives?

Favourite quote? Too short for me to choose one and frankly none. The whole "Lets accuse Yuet and make her call herself Lor Lui again and again and again and then beg to come home losing ALL dignity" is just pure drama. Show Yuet leave for real! Give Yuet her dignity back!

1 comments:

MetalAZNWarrior 18/9/09 11:04 PM  

You forgot the series doesn't care for developments, logic, or even continuity? :P It's all about "sensational" scenes with "golden words", contrived twists, and "touching" moments to score high ratings.

Hence I don't like this series because it's so pretentious and deeply flawed yet so many are blind to it. It's like A Kindred Spirit on drugs.

Still can't help but enjoyed it because of the cast.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This is a watch-as-I-write episodic thought (a combination of episode summaries, reviews & critical analysis episode per episode) of TVB series, Moonlight Resonance, now showing on ASTRO Ch 311 from Mon-Fri at 9.30pm. Expect the thoughts to be episode per episode, critical analysis of the plot & performances of that particular episode, each to be posted the next afternoon & some may not contain full summaries as I may be watching other stuff during the same time. Hopefully I shall presevere and finish this one. Your comments, especially for the current episode are most welcomed. Use Post A Comment but please try not to post future episode spoilers.

Subject matter

TITLE
Moonlight Resonance

EPISODES
40

RELEASED IN
2008 by HKTVB

IT IS NOT
a sequel to Heart Of Greed even if they have essentially the same cast but with some shift of characters

FEEDBACK/COMMENT
Please comment episode per episode using Post A Comment in relevant episode page please. Please avoid revealing spoilers for future episodes unless it is a minor spoiler and explains questions about the plot

MORE INFO
- Cast list
- Wikipedia (SPOILERS!!)
- Point2e.com

REMINDER
The posts in here are my personal opinion & if you can't stand personal opinion that is critical or overly too positive, please do not proceed further than the first page of this blog.

Top Commenters

Get this widget