BE AWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS! FOR THE THOUGHTS, LOOK AT THE EPISODES PANEL ON THE RIGHT. FOR THE LATEST THOUGHT, GO TO HOME.

Episode 29


Surprisingly this episode didn't even focus on Sum. I thought it was supposed to but this episode is entirely Ka-Yuet-Ka Mei story which I am happy to say will be solved in 1 hour. How predictable.

Sa was having chit chat with her grandson, cute kid and said he misses grandma and mother and all. Suddenly Hor Ma came in, Sa stood in front of the computer, tried to switch off the computer but the sound was on and Hor Ma heard the kid said Grandma Salina and "why did you abandon me". First, a kid that age won't even know how to say abandon so that is a ridiculous scene. Anyway Hor Ma didn't seem to notice as Sa said she was watching an online show. She walked out as Ka Mei walked in and KA Mei gave Sa a huge trashing. Very rude and angrily said to Sa to never contact her son ever again. Ka Mei said "Did Hor Ma heard anything?" and Sa said "Oh come on! Hor Ma only studied until she was 16. She can't understand a word of English, more so a word like Abandon. She doesn't know". We also found out the boy is being fostered by someone and Ka Mei blamed Sa for not caring enough as she said "I was 16 when I was knocked up. You and father were useless, never were parents who loved me!" and Sa said "I didn't love you? I love you so much! I was willing to do anything for you!" but Sa said "Love is like how Hor MA loves her children! Look at the way she cared for that Lor Lui Yuet. After she ran away Hor Ma was so worried and ever since Yuet came home, Hor Ma just hugged her close and never left her side!" and Ka Mei was terribly jealous of Yuet.

Ka and Ka Mei were dating happily, chatting over night as Yuet looked on in silence. Ka Mei was at Ka's place when she saw Yuet packing Ka's stuff. Arrogantly Ka Mei said "What are you doing here? Don't you get it? Ka loves me, he will never love you. Why do you stay and persist?" and Yuet answered "I will only say this once. Ka is going on a trip and I am always the person who packs his bag. Moreover I didn't want to do it but Ka asked me that as a sister I should continue so here I am, because he asks me to do this" and Ka Mei was about to leave in anger when she saw Ka walking in and so she walked back in and pitifully said to Yuet "Why don't you just bugger off? Ka will never want you! He will never love you! Sticking around like some shameless woman won't help!" and Yuet naturally angry when provoked said "What are you saying?!" and as Ka walked in Ka Mei quickly said "How many times must I tell you that boy is my foster son and not my son? Why are you so keen to break off Ka and me? How cruel are you?!" and Yuet was like WHAT?! and Ka walked in and said to Yuet "Yuet, what are you doing now?" and Yuet angry left.

Ka met with Yuet in a restaurant and Ka apologised at the tone he used but Yuet said "I think it is wise that I quit my job. I don't want ti see Ka Mei and fight with her each time. And here's the keys to your apartment..." but Ka refused to take it and said "Yuet, I need you, don't go. You're my sister, I know you're protective of me, I understand. You don't have to leave" and Yuet was persuaded to stay but Yuet told Ka "Ka you have to be careful of Ka Mei. She is not a good person" and Ka said "Yuet I love her. I don't know if she is lying or not but the truth is even if she has a son, I don't care. Right now if she doesn't want to tell me, then it is the way it is" and Yuet sighed defeat.

Meanwhile Cho Ba went back to the company and when he asked his staff to tell him honestly what they thought of Cho Ba coming out of retirement, those who agreed were transferred or demoted whilst those who opposed were promoted. Naturally those demoted resigned. Cho Ba was shocked and tried to argue it out with Hung but Hung justified her actions and Cho Ba couldn't do anything. In private, grandma spoke with Cho Ba and said "Cho, those who resigned were our loyal workers. THey are on your side. She can't do this!" but Cho Ba was powerless. Grandma said with determination "I will not let that woman win!" and so did some investigations on her home starting with talking with her useless sister. Hou was with her.

Grandma said to her sister "I am your sister, we are family and I have been good to you, how can you treat me this way? How can you say I was jealous of Hor and then of HUng and tried to destroy their happiness simply because I lost my husband?" and her sister shocked said "I said what is right even if you're my sister!" and Hou said "I remember when I was little grandma used to tell me how life was hard for both of you and when you were abandoned, grandma who was young herself took you in. When she was married, eventhough grandpa didn't like it, she took you in as well. Grandma loves you do much, how can you betray her?" and the sister began to cry and kept saying "I say what is the truth!" and grandma tearfully said "What did she pay you? How much did she pay you? I will give you double so long you're back on my side! I can't let that woman take all the shops! I must protect them for my grandchildren!" and the sister was quiet and crying and grandma suddenly understood and said "She has some secrets doesn't she? About your son?" and the sister cried and said "What can I do? Like you're Cho's mother, you have to protect him, he is my son, she knows he has been taking company's money and used that against him, I have to protect my son, I am sorry sister, I am so sorry!"

Pause here.

I thought it was an OPEN SECRET that he was taking money? Hor Ma knew, Cho BA knew, everyone knew so why is this so surprising? I think grandma also overheard this at the hospital some episodes ago so why is grandma so surprised? Is this a case of a writer forgetting his own story plot??

Anyway grandma said quietly "I understand. Please don't tell Hung we met. You can go now" and before the sister left she said "Don't tell anyone I told you but that woman has been meeting with her ex husband about some business deal with regards to the shops. I think they're conspiring about something but I really don't know the details. That's all I know.."

Grandma wanted to follow Hung and as she walked down the stairs grandma was looking frail and Hou tried to stop her but grandma cried "Hou I can't let her take all the shops and leave you with nothing!" but Hou said "Grandma I don't care about the shops! I care about your health!" but grandma said "Hou you help me with this. You must help me and your Cho Ba" and finally Hou agreed.

They followed Hung in a car and saw her meet with her ex husband. They couldn't hear what she was saying but we as viewers do. Hung is using her ex husband's company to buy some shops to be sold to Ka Hou Yuet Yuen to earn the money and whilst the ex husband was reluctant Hung said "I intend to leave all of the business to Sum, I can't let Cho give them all to that woman and her children! Think about Sum!" and so the ex husband agreed.

Pause here.

I doubt Sum would want the business. So now HUng makes a move for the fortune.

Grandma said to Hou "Hou he doesn't know you. You go near and listen what they're saying!" but Hou said "But grandma, she knows me, how can I go near?" and grandma signed, defeated.

Meanwhile Ka was leaving on a business trip and he had to decide between 2 ideas for a jewelery promotion. He liked Ka Mei's idea of Egyptian night but when Yuet explained hers, Ka decided to take Yuet's idea which he thought was better. He explained to Ka Mei but Ka Mei was not happy. Ka explained "We wil file away yours to be used the next time. Yuet's idea fits the promo idea. Moreover I want to encourage her. She seems down a bit these days, this will boost her confidende". Ka Mei wasn't happy.

With Ka away, Ka Mei secretly met with the jewelery boss and explained Yuet's idea would take up a lot more budget so naturally the boss wants Ka Mei's idea. Yuet was practicing the event with some girls when Ka Mei walked in, switched off the music and said "Everyone thank you for your hard work but Mr --- decided to change the promo theme. So you may leave now" but Yuet switched it back on and said continue and Ka Mei switched it off and Yuet said "Everyone, outside for a moment please.." and everyone walked out confused and Yuet asked "What are you doing?" and Ka Mei said "Come on, Mr --- likes my idea so just leave ok?" and YUet said "Ka left me with the project and I intend to complete it" and Ka Mei looked on angrily.

Pause here.

HATE KA MEI!!

On the day of the event, Yuet was dressed, the dancers ready when suddenly Yuet received an anonymous call that said Ka was in a serious accident and in a hospital. Naturally Yuet panicked and before she ran out said "Ka is in a hospital! Tell Ka Mei when you see her" and panicking Yuet ran all the way out.

Pause here.

Hmmm... did TVB just took All About Eve scene directly from that series? Remember? But if you think Yuet would punch or strangle Ka Mei as did the heroine did to the villain in All About Eve, get ready to be severely disappointed.

Yuet reached the hospital but there wasn't anyone called Ka in the hospital. In a moment of clarity, Yuet realised she was duped.

Sa was with Ka Mei at the promo and it was Sa who made that call! Despicable. Anyway Sa saw Ka Mei danced in that promo which was a success using her own dancers and theme and Sa was so proud she recorded the entire promo scene. Yuet reached the promo event when it was finished and when someone said "Yuet, Ka is ok. He just called. He wasn't in some accident" and Ka Mei immediately said "What? Ka was in an accident?" and YUet looking angry decided not to be provoked as she promised Hor Ma not to argue with Ka Mei and said "I made a mistake".

At home during dinner, everyone was discussing about the prank call, even Cho Ba but Hor Ma, Yuet and especially Ka. Someone said the prank caller was such a cruel person and Yan Chi loudly said "How can anyone believe such a call?" and Sa piped in and said loudly "Only someone stupid will fall for such an obvious prank call! Yuet, next time ask Hou first, or someone to confirm! Some people can really pretend" and Sa began to immitate a high pitched voice about Ka in a hospital and Yuet immediately looked at Sa and knew it was Sa who made the call. She felt like an idiot and began to tear up a bit but swallowed her wounded pride as they talked on and on and on and then someone asked how Ka feels about that prank call but he was very very quiet and someone asks Yuet about the call and all and she too was very quiet, saying "I made a mistake, that's all" and Ka Mei looked on trumphantly when Hor Ma said "Yuet, remember the last time I slapped you and you ran away?" and Yuet immediately said "Hor Ma I didn't say anything this time! I didn't do anything! I am not stirring up trouble, I swear. Don't be angry!" but Hor Ma patiently said "Yuet, I ought to give myself 98% for being a mother" and Sa laughed and said "Sis shouldn't that be 100%?" and Hor MA said "No one can give themselve 100%. For me 98% is already a job well done. I ought to frame that letter Yuet gave me, because that is a proof that I have been a good mother to have taught such a good daughter. Even when she had to swallow her pride, her anger, being tricked, she took it all in upon herself because of me. I ought to frame that letter as a proof!" and Yuet began to cry hard as Yuet understood Hor Ma was giving her justice for all the hardship she went through. Sa naturally angry said "Sis, what do you mean by that? Are you saying Ka Mei was wrong? She lied? That whatever Yuet says is true?" and Hor Ma said "Maybe not before I read the letter but after I read the letter, yes, whatever Yuet says, I accept it as absolute truth" and Sa said "So if she says the sky will fall down today?" and Hor Ma said "I will believe her" and Sa said "If she says the son rises from west instead of the east?!" and Hor Ma said "Yes I will believe her" and Sa angrily asked "How you can believe her like that?" and Hor Ma said "Sa, you said this whole change of plans at the promo was not planned. If it wasn't, how come you were there to record the event? It implies you already knew something was gonna happen" and Sa was silent and then angrily said "Sis, you're being unreasonable! How many times must I say that child was a foster child? How can you just believe Lor Lui like that?" and Hor Ma said "As compared to believing your daughter, I'd rather believe Yuet!" and Sa said "Ka Mei didn't do anything wrong! She is only 23, she is still young!" and Hor Ma angrily said "And that is why Ka Mei is so frightening! Such a young age and she has learnt to be manipulative, twisting the facts, lying and deceiving everyone! At such a young age!!" and Ka Mei stood up, eyes very still and said "Hor Ma, if you have any question you can ask me directly and I will try and answer you the best I can" and Sa angry said "Ka, say something! Say something on behalf of Ka Mei!". Ka stood up, looked at Ka Mei and said "Ka Mei, we are over" and Ka Mei shocked and Sa said "What?!" and Ka said "Amongst all the girls I ever dated, I loved you the most. I felt like I have this connection with you and I really enjoyed my time with you. But I realise love isn't everything. Having feelings isn't everything. Remember I asked you how much it was to foster a child and you said $1000? Also remember you told me you were flat broke when you were 18 and that was the time you fostered the boy? I called my friend in Portugal to check for me and he checked that on the birth certificate, you are the boy's mother. But I loved you very much, I didn't want to jeapordise our relationship and so I didn't want to make this into an issue. You have so many things that I will ignore but when you repeatedly hurt my sister Yuet, I can't ignore anymore. She has taken so much hardship because of me, she has endured so much insults, I will not let her endure anymore. I may love you but no more. We are over Ka Mei, over" and Ka Mei tearing up said "Won't you give me a chance to explain?" and Ka said "We are over".

Yan Chi's mother stood up and said "Hor Ma, even I can't look away from this! This daughter in law of mine made that call about that accident. She was practising for some time now! Her daughter to is up to no good!". Hou was very angry, banged his fist on the table and roared "HOW DARE YOU!! HOW COULD YOU!!" and so did Hing signing how could they. The mother in law too and Ka Mei was pushed out as she looked on at Ka, silently pleading as she left. Ka refused to look at her. Sa ran to Ka "Ka! Don't push us out! Let me explain. Ka Mei is only young, it is my fault, I taught her to do what she did! It is my fault entirely!!" and Hor Ma angrily said "Sa, you know it isn't you!!" and Sa said "Please sis, please" and Hor Ma said "You can start teaching her now! It isn't too late. Go chase after her and teach her like a mother should!" and Sa reluctantly ran out. Yuet was crying hard as all held her and Ka held her hand and said "You're my sister, I believe you" and Yuet cried harder.

Next episode, Hung asks Ling never to let Sum go when she knew Hou was still in love with Sum and Sum made a decision about Ling and Wing Lum; she decided to break them apart!

How despicable but natural reaction. This is how you get your dream guy!

Anyway good ending. I couldn't stand Ka Mei! She is so horrible, worse than Hung, more despicable than anyone and as Hor Ma said only 23, and so frighteningly deceiving! I was thinking Ka seems to quiet but when he couldn't stand how Yuet was bullied again and again and had to swallow everything in eventhough she knew Ka Mei was the culprit, Ka and Hor Ma stood up for Yuet! Finally the reasonable Hor Ma is back. I think Hor Ma didn't suspect much with the boy in the computer but she must have known when Ka Mei conveniently hijacked the promo event! Even Ka knew! Poor Yuet, always blamed!

Anyway same old storyline for Yuet here though. Remember the grandpa-gate?

At least better than comatose story of Sum-Ling-Wing Lam.

Performance wise, Kate Tsui was ok. She looks crazy naturally so she can play deceiving manipulative bitch. Works well.

Again Moses Chan has the best line in this episode, delivering his lines well. Lacks emotion though. But that is his facial problem. He was never very very expressive.

I enjoyed Lee Heung Kam's segment with Raymond Lam, such chemistry, really like grandma and grandson. I thought his concern for her very touching and her insistence to fight Hung for him very touching too. I believe this will kill grandma.

Lee Sze Kei as usual is fantastic as the determined and all knowing Hor Ma who may not always get it right, but always admit when she knew she was dead wrong and she was dead wrong about Yuet.

Everyone else was ok eventhough it was strange how come Hung will work with her ex husband whom she hated.

This episode belongs to Tavia Yeung. So she expectantly reacted how I predicted she would but the last scene as she panicked, thinking Hor Ma would be angry with her and then crying really really hard was a very convincing acting. Poor Yuet, always blamed, always taking the blame and always scared of being abandoned. Tavia cries a lot in this series.

However the while Ka and Yuet love affair will be scary since Ka repeatedly said Yuet his sister and to show them falling in love is in effect incestous. I don't care if it is justified by the fact that she isn't his sister for real, the fact Ka sees her as one, she is one. How can then Ka fall for her as a lover? How sickening!! I am bracing myself for that moment and it better be romantic and convincing even if unnatural, if not I will say this series FAIL FAIL FAIL!!

Most favourite scene?

But I realise love isn't everything. Having feelings isn't everything.

- Ka to Ka Mei

0 comments:

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This is a watch-as-I-write episodic thought (a combination of episode summaries, reviews & critical analysis episode per episode) of TVB series, Moonlight Resonance, now showing on ASTRO Ch 311 from Mon-Fri at 9.30pm. Expect the thoughts to be episode per episode, critical analysis of the plot & performances of that particular episode, each to be posted the next afternoon & some may not contain full summaries as I may be watching other stuff during the same time. Hopefully I shall presevere and finish this one. Your comments, especially for the current episode are most welcomed. Use Post A Comment but please try not to post future episode spoilers.

Subject matter

TITLE
Moonlight Resonance

EPISODES
40

RELEASED IN
2008 by HKTVB

IT IS NOT
a sequel to Heart Of Greed even if they have essentially the same cast but with some shift of characters

FEEDBACK/COMMENT
Please comment episode per episode using Post A Comment in relevant episode page please. Please avoid revealing spoilers for future episodes unless it is a minor spoiler and explains questions about the plot

MORE INFO
- Cast list
- Wikipedia (SPOILERS!!)
- Point2e.com

REMINDER
The posts in here are my personal opinion & if you can't stand personal opinion that is critical or overly too positive, please do not proceed further than the first page of this blog.

Top Commenters

Get this widget