BE AWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS! FOR THE THOUGHTS, LOOK AT THE EPISODES PANEL ON THE RIGHT. FOR THE LATEST THOUGHT, GO TO HOME.

Episode 38

I was anticipating big court room drama in this episode since at some point the whole shares issue must be settled and the big ending is near and yes, there was one! I tuned in 20 minutes later and there was Cho Ba, standing and screaming. Wow, so dramatic to the point of total insanity. I can't remember what he was screaming about but he was just being examined by HIS OWN lawyer, already so emotional. He said like "How can now this woman say I have never ever worked in building the company? I made the pastries, I packaged them, I deliver them even when there was typhoon, I almost died twice delivering the pastries, I looked after the shop, I took care of the accounts, what did she do at the beginning? She was not very healthy and was always weak and someone has to run the shop and I was the one! How dare she now says I depend on my wife to make my riches? How can she now say I am enjoying the fruits of her labours? What about my labours!!!"

Yes it was THAT loud.

Then the cross examination began. First of all, I know TVB ain't good at writing such legal stuff and I suppose their they did not consult a real lawyer, or HK lawyers are THAT incompetent as in Cho Ba's lawyers. I want to put on record if it was me as Cho Ba's lawyer, I would be spending my entire 15 minutes of the cross examination by Hung's lawyer objecting and objecting and objecting. And as a judge I would also object! Ok, so let's begin with the insanity..

Some background.

Hung's case is she was the one doing all the work from the beginning. Cho Ba was just enjoying the fruits of her labour, so that is like the biggest insult you can hurl at a man; that he eats soft rice, if you understand the direct translation. Cho Ba's case is of course he participated actively except in recent years due to retirement and whilst he does not deny Hung's contribution, he himself contributed too.

Ok, the cross...

Hung's lawyer straight away highlighted what Cho Ba did not do. Cho Ba was pissed off and of course denied it all. Then Hung's lawyer showed Cho Ba a sample cake and he said "You know I am a big fan of Ka Hou Yuet Yuen's pastries. I must confess, they're delicious. So Mr Kam, do you know what this pastry is?" and Cho Ba, now annoyed looked and said "No" and the lawyer immediately jumped on it and said "You mean you do not know your own company's best seller?? And you are saying you know the operations of the company?"

Let me adopt my Galileo approach ok?

CHOTO MA-TE YOU IDIOTO!

Oi! Cho Ba already said he retired some time back, so any recent best seller whatever that he does not know is reasonable. Of course his lawyer DID NOT object, sitting there like an idioto himself.

Cho Ba explained "I can explain that. I was in retirement for a number of years..."

Lawyer continued "See this magazine? This was an interview of you 8 years ago. In this interview you gave 3 reasons for your success; the first is marrying a smart wife. The second and third are also the same; marrying a smart wife. Do you deny this?"

Cho Ba said "I did say that. I said that to make my wife happy.."

Lawyer : "Why is it so important to make her happy? You know why right? Because she is earning the income, so you must make her happy

Cho Ba denied it.

Lawyer then asked "So Mr Kam, what is to you the definition of adultery?"

Cho Ba said "What? What sort of question is this?"

Lawyer : "Just answer my question. What is to you the definition of adultery?"

Cho Ba "Going behind the back of your wife and spending most time with another woman"

Lawyer : "And.."

Cho Ba : "Eating at her place"

Lawyer : "and..."

Cho Ba : "Give money to her..."

Lawyer : "And..."

and seriously I forgot what Cho Ba said because it was insane.

Then the lawyer exploded "so by your definition, you have been having an affair with your ex wife!"

Cho Ba said "I visit her because my children are there!"

Lawyer : "Did you pay her a cheque?"

Cho Ba said "It was for my childre..."

Lawyer "So you spend so much time having dinner with your adulteress! How many children you have with her?!"

CHOTO-MA-TE! This is where the entire cross gone loony insane crazy chi-sin! I was like CHOTO-MA-TE you gila-kudasai! I mean for god's sake, he was eating at first wife's home, visiting his children from his previous marriage. The lawyer made it sound as if he was having affair with Hor Ma, and just recently had 6 love child with her! I mean what is the insanity of this? OBJECTION!!!! None, no objection. Poor Cho Ba, standing alone there. At last his lawyer stood up and said "Objection, irrelevant questions". What? Only NOW you object?

Hung smiled happily, Hor Ma was very angry.

At night during dinner, Cho Ba was very bitter. He said "Imagine this, all my efforts in building the business is unrecognised. Remember ---? I passed by him the other day and he knew and saw me peddling the bicycle delivering the pastries so many years ago. He saw how hard I worked but he said to me that day "Cho! You're such a damn lucky man! To have such a smart wife, you don't even need to work hard for the money!!". Imagine that! He saw me and yet he said all these. Maybe first time a lie is a lie but say it enough times people will believe. Now it is the truth; I am just a man who enjoys the fruits of my wife's labour!! It is so funny!!" and Cho Ba laughed crazily but Ka said "Cho Ba, don't give up. The lawyer says we can still win this" and Hor Ma said "Cho, be strong. We all support you!" but Cho Ba just laughed and laughed but in a very bitter way.

Cho Ba then called Hung and said he wants a settlement. Hung told cousin to call the press. She wants to shame him.

Hor Ma was busy going around asking friends and neighbours to support Cho Ba's case. Sa was there too. It was then they found out Grandma on the day she died actually went to see them all. Hor Ma was very touched by what grandma did. Then she got a call from I think Ka who found out Cho Ba was going to meet Hung in secret to accept a secret deal that is 20% of the shares. Ka was very angry with Cho Ba and Hor Ma said "Ka, you go on and stop him. I will come by later, there is something I need to take with me..."

Oohhhh what Hor Ma? What so secret?

Cho Ba was with Hung in a restaurant and Cho Ba angrily said "I already said I will take 20% of the shares only. Now you want me to sign this insane declaration?!"

Hung wanted Cho Ba to sign a declaration declaring he was having an affair with Hor Ma. This is insane.

Cho Ba said "Hor will never, has never and never did have any affair with me, I swear on my life we are not having an affair!" but Hung said "If you want the shares, just sign on it!" and Cho Ba angrily said "Now I see the real you Hung. That ugly you. You, the one denying me of my rights, denying my children of their rights. How can you be so cruel? How can you be so heartless?" and suddenly reporters rushed in and asked "Is it true Mr Kam you're admitting to an affair and is settling for only 20% of the shares? What's that document on the table?" and Cho Ba quickly took the document away and said "That's nothing! Leave me alone, please" but Hung exposed what Cho Ba was going to sign when Ka and absolutely everybody (except Sum that is and grandma who is obviously dead) were there and Ka said loudly "Cho Ba, do not sign anything! Cho Ba, be strong!!" but Cho Ba was panicking and Hor Ma walked in and reporters rushed to her and Hung was smiling wickedly and everybody urged him not to sign and all and Cho Ba exploded "Don't you all understand? I must settle this! I won't let this woman hurt my children! I won't let her defame Hor, calling her a fox demon when she is not! Nothing is more important than my children! I must settle this!!" and the reporters were happily writing all that down and I think either Ka or someone said "CHo Ba, all is not lost yet. We can still win this, Cho Ba, be strong, be courageous!" and Hor Ma said "Cho, old Mrs Kam on the day of her death met with several of our old neighbourhood friends. Imagine that, an old frail lady with failing health going through such lengths for her son. Cho, don't let down Old Mrs Kam. Let's go. Let's leave" and so Cho Ba began to turn with everyone else and walking away when Hung maliciously said to Hor Ma loudly "That's right fox demon. Go now like you should!" and Hor Ma, first time ever became so enraged with Hung turned around, looked at her and said sharply "You shut up! You're the fox demon! You're the expert of all experts in seducing other people's husband!" and Hung said "One more word and I will sue you for defamation!" and Hor Ma said "Why should I be scared? I am just saying this. You're not the judge, we are not in the court room. Everybody, since you all want something to write about, I will tell you some explosive secrets. I have always been silent at Hung's treatment but now, I shall reveal it all. This woman you see before you is the master of seduction. Anyone who wants to learn how to seduce and take away other people's things and husbands, ask her. She can surely teach you some very good strategies. That was how my husband was seduced, that was how my husband abandoned me and my children!" and Cho Ba looked very upset and Hung angry and Hung then said "We shall leave now!" but even Yuen blocked the exit and Hor Ma continued "Everybody I have pictures here. See this one? This one was Hung when she was still happy and she wrote this message ; "Sister Hor, I am so happy that we can become like sisters. We shall always be good sisters! Hung". Then this picture, she was married then but look at the way she held onto the bouquet of flowers thrown by the bride? She couldn't even let go. Such selfishness!". And again Hung said "Someone record what she is saying, I will sue her for all she's worth!" and Hung said "I only began my relationship with Cho when your relationship with him ended!" and Hor Ma said "I have with me a letter written by Hung to Cho. I got this letter when Cho came by one night, drunk. I kept it since. I shall read it..

Cho, I am sorry to disturb you but I miss you so much. I know it is too much for me to ask you to abandon Sister Hor and the children but you have abandoned me. What about our love for one another? How about what we went through, the dates in the parks, the sweet nothings we whispered to one another? It hurts me that you have been avoiding me. Cho, I love you. I want to be with you..."

and Hung said "What an interesting fake letter!"

and at this point suddenly Cho Ba was reciting the contents out of memory as he sadly said ...

"Cho, I swear it I will be good to your children. I shall love them as I love Sum and I swear I will be a good wife, and a good mother. Cho, please don't leave me.."

and Hor Ma continued reading ...

"Don't abandon me Cho. Remember our good times, remember our love for one another..."

and Cho Ba recited from memory ...

"Come back to me Cho. Forever yours, Hung."

Cho Ba was crying as Hor Ma looked on and he said bitterly "I remembered every word in that letter. I can't remember how many times I have read it. I believed what she said, because of this one letter, it changed my life forever. It is my deepest regret, my deepest pain that because of this letter I threw away my family. I was such a fool! Such a fool!!"

and Hung angry with what Cho Ba said left abruptly and the children surrounded Cho Ba as he cried bitterly and Hor Ma looked on, misty eyed.

Next episode, Hung will ask Ka Mei to once again break her non existing backbone and reveal Yuen killed someone before. And Cho Ba will openly declare his love for Hor Ma.

Ahhh Hung is getting desperate!

Fantastic episode that is the final revelation. Hung's case of the letter is fake can't be true when Cho Ba who had no chance to read it could recite it by heart, so that means it is a true letter. He deeply regretted what he did and it shows. Hung crossed the line when she scolded Hor Ma fox demon and I love how Hor Ma let Hung experience the Typhoon Hor Ma on the scale of 10! Stupid court scene but the confrontation between these 2 rather formidable women were fantastic. I pity Cho Ba in a way. He was willing to compromise for his children and in a way for Hor Ma.

As for Sum's story, there was a mention tonight but I simply did not pay much attention so to all Sum lovers, sorry but no Sum recap here. For the haters, well I am sure you're rejoicing.

As for performances, Har Yu delivered the goods tonight. His pain, his fears, his chicken-like behaviour as in cowardly behaviour though infuriating were all understandable in light of the last part of this episode. So Cho Ba was weak but in the end his heart is in the right place.

Lee Sze Kei and Michelle Yim both delivered the goods too. Love the whole face off between the two.

However, I still think Hung the villain kinda miscalculated a lot of things. Such a failure as a villain. Ka Mei to me is the winner. Why? Did all those despicable things AND YET everybody wants to forgive her, begging to forgive her. If that is not a true champion amongst villains, I don't know who is.

Best scene? Definitely not the chi-sin court scene. What stupidity eh? Saying a man has affair with his ex wife and having children with ex wife when in fact yes they have children but that was before he married the 2nd wife!!

This woman you see before you is the master of seduction. Anyone who wants to learn how to seduce and take away other people's things and husbands, ask her. She can surely teach you some very good strategies. That was how my husband was seduced, that was how my husband abandoned me and my children!

- Hor Ma to the reporters about Hung

0 comments:

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This is a watch-as-I-write episodic thought (a combination of episode summaries, reviews & critical analysis episode per episode) of TVB series, Moonlight Resonance, now showing on ASTRO Ch 311 from Mon-Fri at 9.30pm. Expect the thoughts to be episode per episode, critical analysis of the plot & performances of that particular episode, each to be posted the next afternoon & some may not contain full summaries as I may be watching other stuff during the same time. Hopefully I shall presevere and finish this one. Your comments, especially for the current episode are most welcomed. Use Post A Comment but please try not to post future episode spoilers.

Subject matter

TITLE
Moonlight Resonance

EPISODES
40

RELEASED IN
2008 by HKTVB

IT IS NOT
a sequel to Heart Of Greed even if they have essentially the same cast but with some shift of characters

FEEDBACK/COMMENT
Please comment episode per episode using Post A Comment in relevant episode page please. Please avoid revealing spoilers for future episodes unless it is a minor spoiler and explains questions about the plot

MORE INFO
- Cast list
- Wikipedia (SPOILERS!!)
- Point2e.com

REMINDER
The posts in here are my personal opinion & if you can't stand personal opinion that is critical or overly too positive, please do not proceed further than the first page of this blog.

Top Commenters

Get this widget