BE AWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS! FOR THE THOUGHTS, LOOK AT THE EPISODES PANEL ON THE RIGHT. FOR THE LATEST THOUGHT, GO TO HOME.

Episode 39

2 more episodes till the absolute end unless there's Moonlight Resonance part deux which I hope not.

Let's see... the court room drama. The silliness continues and when I say silliness it is the whole examination by that Hung's lawyer. Track back a bit, Cho Ba got betrayed by his closest allies in the company. Disgusting. I didn't see it though.

And he continues... with Hor Ma. I am not worried about Hor Ma. She can take care of herself.

"Mrs Kam... oops I mean Madam Chung, do you still love your husband?"

Eh, what a rude question!

Hor Ma looked at him and answered dryly "I do not think about such stuff".

"You do not think? Are you saying yes?"

"I am saying at this juncture I do not think about such stuff"

And the lawyer sarcastically asked "So then what do you think about?"

Hor Ma answered "I think about my children and how best to take care of them, how best to make sure they are all safe and happy."

Lawyer continued "So you don't think about Mr Kam? Despite he having spent increasing time with your, dinners, money, support, love..."

Hor Ma said "Why don't you just ask the question you want to ask and don't beat around the bushes?"

Lawyer said "Ok, if Mr Kam said he wants you back, will you go back to him?"

Hor Ma hesitated and then said "That is a hypothetical question.."

Lawyer "Surely you can answer that question..."

Hor Ma "If...". Hor Ma getting angrier by the minute said "If... if I didn't accept Hung as my sister, she wouldn't have seduced my husband and took away my children's father. If I didn't save her, she would have been dead. If I haven't shown her kindness, I wouldn't lost my husband and destroyed my family. IF..."

"Madam Chung, you did not answer my question! Those are irrelevant!"

Hor Ma sternly said "Well you asked me IF. And I could only answer the IFs!"

See! Hor Ma can defend herself. Next Cho Ba, and I worry for him...

Why did the lawyer asked to question Cho Ba again? Hmmm...

Hung's lawyer "Mr Kam, I am sorry to ask you to be a witness but since you're the Defendant in this case, there are a few questions I need to clarify with you. Mr Kam, you have heard Madam Chung's testimony. I ask you today and you must be honest, if Madam Chung is willing to take you back, will you return to her?"

Hung smiled a satisfied smile, Hor Ma looked well, stern.

Cho Ba looked and answered softly "I dare not think about about".

Lawyer "WHAT?"

Cho Ba louder "I dare not think about it"

Lawyer "You dare not think about it?"

I swear he repeated the answer and I was like eh you deaf ah?

"Why do you not dare to think about it? Even when she was there for you, nursed you back to health, the time you got blind a few years ago you asked not for your wife but for her?"

Cho Ba sadly said "I do not deserve the second chance. I destroyed my family back then, I am too ashamed to even consider going back..."

Lawyer slyly asked "So if Hor Ma said I am willing to take you back, would you go back with her?"

Cho Ba surprised asked "You're kidding me!"

Lawyer said "No I am asking if she said so, will you go back to her? It is a simple question Mr Kam..."

Cho Ba even more surprised or act surprised loudly said "Are you sure?"

Lawyer said "Yes.."

Cho Ba said "IDIOT! OF COURSE I WOULD!"

Lawyer "Wha..."

Cho Ba "I have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time! Which idiot would say no to a woman who has stood by him, cared for him, supported him, encouraged him even when he has been an unfaithful husband?" He faced Hor Ma and said "I would go back to her if given a chance. If you would give me that chance, even if I had to lose everything in this court today, I would do it. Hor, please take me back".

Hor Ma looked surprised at the confession of love and the Cho Ba loudly said "IDIOT! I WOULD GO BACK!!"

and the lawyer angry said "Mr Kam, please hold your tongue and stop calling me an idiot!"

But Cho Ba said "BUT YOU'RE AN IDIOT! IDIOT!"

Funny. Hung looked pained, terribly jealous.

Later closing statements. Hung's lawyer insisted on the fact that Cho Ba confessed his love for his MISTRESS (oi! ex wife) and said because "he is a heartless man, he does not deserve a penny!!"

What kind of statement is that?

Cho Ba's often silent lawyer now speak.."My Lord, I am disheartened at the display in this court. The sort of arguments forwarded, that fact that Mr Kam did work in forming the company was twisted into the fact he depended on his wife. The fact that he enjoyed a close relationship with his children and ex wife became a sordid tale of adultery. None of which are true. I am truly disappointed. But this is Mr Kam's case and I received a letter from Mr Kam and I shall read it...

"My Lord, I was very angry at my ex wife's (I think he divorced Hung already) case, denying me my right to the shares and the company. But as this case went on I realised I have regained what I have lost; my family. Whatever your decision may be, I shall accept it with an open heart. Whatever shares I am given, I shall move on with my life with my dignity intact. Thank you".

THAT WAS THE CLOSING ARGUMENT?

Anyway decision came. Be ready to choke. The judge awarded Hung 80% shares and Cho Ba 20%, effectively saying

1. Yeah you have affair with ex wife no. 1

2. Yeah you eat rice on a slipper and depended on your ex wife no. 2 for your fortune

3. Cho, you have no balls.

What is that?!

Cho Ba smiled a bit smile and so did Hung. Cho Ba walked to the cafeteria and said to the reporters "One by one, I will answer all questions, no worries".

"So Mr Kam, do you think the verdict is fair?"

Cho Ba "I already said I will accept all decision"

"So Mr Kam, are you reconciling with your ex wife (no. 1)?"

Cho Ba "well that would depend on her. I already make my case for a reconciliation"

Hor Ma walked aside and refused to answer but Ka quickly said "Wahhhh Cho Ba, since you said it, Hor Ma, what you say? RECONCILE! RECONCILE! RECONCILE!" and all the children chanted...

Hor Ma smiled a little but grandpa said "Hey! Why no one asked me? I am after all her father! I make the decision" and then grandpa said "Well Cho, WELCOME HOME!!" and everybody cheered. The reporter I think asked "So Mr Kam, are you reconciling then?" and Cho Ba said wisely "I am a very happy and contented man. This is truly Ka Hou Yuet Yuen for me!"

Hor Ma then said "Cho, pack your bags and come home" and everybody cheered. Ka I think said "But Hor Ma, doesn't that mean you're living in with Cho Ba before marrying him?!" and everybody cheered WEDDING! WEDDING! WEDDING!

And the children cheered for Cho Ba to kiss Hor Ma and he gave her a loving peck on the cheek. Hung saw it, got angry eventhough before she thanked the lawyer for a job well done whilst Cho Ba's lawyer was sorry he couldn't get more but Cho Ba said it was ok. Hung walked in and Ka immediately said "Brothers and sisters. We must thank Auntie Hung for this joyous occasion, without her, Cho Ba and Hor Ma could never be reconciled!!" and so they gave her 3 bows (which in Chinese is like bowing to your dead relative! Cheeky Ka!) and Cho Ba also thanked her and said "I hope this is settled. We can still be friends after this" and Hung smiled and said "I wish you every happiness Cho" and as she walked away Ka said "Everybody, thank Auntie Hung!" and all of them said THANK YOU AUNTIE HUNG!!

Funny, very funny!

Hung fumed as she walked and said to the lawyer "I want to appeal. I don't want him to get a single penny. And get an injunction. He will never get to see that 20%!" and the lawyer agreed to do it. Then she turned to Ka Mei "Ka Mei, I heard you want to open a studio. Why not do it big? Open 3. But you must do something for me first.." and Ka Mei looked at her...

I forgot when was this scene but Sa went to see Ka Mei but Ka Mei ignored her. Sa kept saying Yuen was ready to forgive her, to take her back (YUEN! YOU NO OTHER WOMAN KE?) but Ka Mei refused to listen, crossing the street, a van or some vehicle came out and I so hope the van would run over her twice but Sa pushed her away and almost got hit as she fell down and sprained her ankle. Ka Mei panicked and rushed to her and asked with some concern (as far as Kate Tsui can muster as an actress) "Mother are you ok? Let's go to the hospital" but Sa crying said "What do you care? Let me be!" and Sa limped away as Ka Mei looked on.

Sa was very sad. She refused to talk as she was in the hospital. That is very rare since Auntie Sa never stop talking. Yan Chi was pushed into the room and panicking Yan Chi said "Sa! Say something! Fine! Fine! I will not accept her money! Ok? Sa, come back to me! SA!!" and Auntie Sa was shaking and Yan Chi thought she was crying but in actual fact she was laughing and was very happy to hear what Yan Chi said. So yeah, one happy ending.

Meanwhile Sum seems to have a change of heart (again). She had nothing to say to Hou but she was chatting happily on the phone and Hou knew it was Dr Ling. Hou confronted Sum who told him she was going away on a trip with friends which she also told Hung and Hung was happy to hear she was going with Dr Ling. Hou wasn't and as Hou said "I know what is going on" and Sum said "I am sorry Hou" and she walked with Dr Ling with the luggages and Hou saw her walked away and seemingly out of his life.

We all know it ain't true right? Sum is not THAT cruel.

At home everyone was celebrating and Hou kinda looked sad but anyway Cho Ba was planning to invest in Hor Ma's shop and was happily delegating jobs to everyone when Ka received a call. Then he seriously said to them "That woman is appealing the decision and applying for an injunction. And she is calling for a press conference to have Ka Mei reveal Yuen killed someone before". No more cheering and Yuen looked solemn.

At the press conference, Cho Ba and everyone came to see Hung and Cho Ba said "Why can't you let go Hung?" and Hung said "Well weren't you all celebrating happily?" and Cho Ba said "Well we will not celebrate anymore. We will be very low key and quiet. Ok?" and Hung said maliciously "I will not let things go so easily for you. I will destroy you!" and Sa went to Ka Mei and said "Ka Mei, that is your husband, Yuen is your husband, how can you help others to destroy your husband? Ka Mei!!" and Ka Mei did say something but I forgotten what it was since by this time I was kinda fed up with all the drama. Hor Ma suddenly said "ENOUGH! Yuen, be brave, be courageous! Hor Ma is with you! We will dispute her version of events! We will fight with you! Stand by you!" and Cho Ba said the same and everybody did.

So the press conference begins.

Hung said "I may be a jilted wife, and I am representing all the jilted wives and I am saying you're not alone. I intend to fight on the case, not because of money but for all the jilted wives out there to tell them that the men's actions have consequences. That is all I have to say. Meanwhile my fellow jilted friend also has something to say. Ka Mei...:"

Pause here. Does Hung seriously believe she was jilted?? How twisted!

Ka Mei said "I have something to say and it is the truth. Everyone here knows I was nothing until I met this person (Hung smiling as she thought she was talking about Yuen) who gave me back my life. I admired this person, loved this person and wanted nothing more than to please this person. I look up to this person but I realised in the end this person's image is nothing but rotten. This person is nothing but a vindictive manipulative murderer and this person killed grandma and I am talking about this bitch, Yan Hung!!!"

Hung was very silent and Cho Ba rushed forward and asked "Ka Mei, who did you say killed grandma? Come on tell me the truth!!" and Ka Mei sobbed and said "Grandma came home one night to take some documents when Hung saw her and they struggled and Hung pushed her down the stairs. That was how grandma was hurt! I couldn't stand her lies anymore, I can't live with my conscience like that anymore!" and puke time, she hugged Yuen tightly. WHERE IS THE BUS?!!!!

Sa asked Yan Chi "Yan Chi you were there surely you would know!" and Yan Chi said "I was in the toilet then, I really didn't see it" and Hung said "I will sue you all for defamation!" and the cousin said "LEAVE! LEAVE!" and Ka Mei emotionally said "I am telling the truth!" and may I say, what a fake emotion! WHERE IS THE VAN?!!! Suddenly a timid voice came out and it was grandma's sister who cried and said "Yes it is true" and everyone was shocked and Hung just sat there, defeated, but maybe not final yet...

Next episode, Sum says bye bye to Hou and Hou is once again heart broken. How many times????

First thing first, the whole sudden roundabout thing with Ka Mei is unbelievably fast and I could only surmise that it was because Sa almost died saving her so Ka Mei suddenly realised family is very important and thus decided to betray Hung. Was it love for Yuen? Never had the impression she ever liked or loved or desired Yuen or the other way also. Was it love for her mother? Doubt it. But this series of course would want you to imply that. I for one believe Ka Mei is a smart girl as in she recognises when Hung is sinking like Titanic. She doesn't want to kill anyone, do crime, etc but she does love money. Once you want her involved in a crime or expose that is a half truth, I believe she decided to jump ship. Was she genuine? Nope. I hate how she suddenly went emotional over grandma, suddenly having a conscience. But whatever I may say, the truth is TVB wants to redeem this character so that the ending is Ka Hou Yuet Yuen. At what price? Ka Mei deserves her compeuppance but she had none. That is this series greatest injustice when the worst character with the worst personality that is Ka Mei got away scot free whilst Hung, for all her faults is really just a scorned woman got the full blame. I find Ka Mei more disgusting.

And Kate Tsui's acting didn't help. Even when she was crying, she gave me an impression her Ka Mei was just acting. I did not connect with her character, did not feel for her and did not sympathise with her. A little bit is about characterisation and writing but some part of the inadequacies must belong to the actress herself. I just find Kate Tsui have this very unstable focus, I can't trust her at all.

Har Yu was ok, especially when he was confessing his love for Hor Ma. That was well done.

Everybody else was ok even Michelle Yim who really look scorned, that ugly twisted look when she saw the confession scene. But full praise must go to Moses for being able to pull off the naughty Ka moments. Really the highlight was the kow towing scene at Hung like as if they were paying respect to the dead! THAT was genuine, original and funny. The rest is unfortunately quite tired to look at.

Best scene? Like I said...

Brothers and sisters. We must thank Auntie Hung for this joyous occasion, without her, Cho Ba and Hor Ma could never be reconciled!!

-Ka to his siblings and to Hung

0 comments:

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This is a watch-as-I-write episodic thought (a combination of episode summaries, reviews & critical analysis episode per episode) of TVB series, Moonlight Resonance, now showing on ASTRO Ch 311 from Mon-Fri at 9.30pm. Expect the thoughts to be episode per episode, critical analysis of the plot & performances of that particular episode, each to be posted the next afternoon & some may not contain full summaries as I may be watching other stuff during the same time. Hopefully I shall presevere and finish this one. Your comments, especially for the current episode are most welcomed. Use Post A Comment but please try not to post future episode spoilers.

Subject matter

TITLE
Moonlight Resonance

EPISODES
40

RELEASED IN
2008 by HKTVB

IT IS NOT
a sequel to Heart Of Greed even if they have essentially the same cast but with some shift of characters

FEEDBACK/COMMENT
Please comment episode per episode using Post A Comment in relevant episode page please. Please avoid revealing spoilers for future episodes unless it is a minor spoiler and explains questions about the plot

MORE INFO
- Cast list
- Wikipedia (SPOILERS!!)
- Point2e.com

REMINDER
The posts in here are my personal opinion & if you can't stand personal opinion that is critical or overly too positive, please do not proceed further than the first page of this blog.

Top Commenters

Get this widget